Assassin's Creed Super Secret Storyline

Xenon

X
lolololol pwned

still going to be awesome though
I don't know, I think I'm gonna be sick. I've been watching this game for close to 3 months now, and I'm severely disappointed... Ubisoft Montreal usually doesn't keep huge secrets like this...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, this may actually turn out to be a sci-fi game?

Odd.

Yeah, still gonna own, though. o/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It won't affect my purchase at this point, I'm still going to buy it if I can obtain an xbox 360.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it look at all like a sci-fi game? I would chalk this up to stupid actresses not having a ****ing clue. Just think of that actress from the Core describing the movie as "Science Fact".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it look at all like a sci-fi game? I would chalk this up to stupid actresses not having a ****ing clue. Just think of that actress from the Core describing the movie as "Science Fact".
Considering there's swordplay and such in the game, I would imagine it's BS too.

My idea is that swordplay is a mechanic they would never code in for merely a fraction of the game's duration, therefore that means that either the game's majority is situated in ancient times, with only a short period dedicated to the future, or there is no future period at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
idk, it seems plausible... but very unlikely

assassins creed, a creed is like an oath isnt it? maybe your like upholding the creed from generation to generation...

but you know when some1 tells you something stupid, then you tihnkk about it, and start to consider it... bleh

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Considering there's swordplay and such in the game, I would imagine it's BS too.

My idea is that swordplay is a mechanic they would never code in for merely a fraction of the game's duration, therefore that means that either the game's majority is situated in ancient times, with only a short period dedicated to the future, or there is no future period at all.
Who is to say the 3rd crusade was the only period where people used swords?

It could pan over to the medieval UK, or even farther back to the wars in East Asia (chinese and Mongolian wars, **** going down in japan), or the Greek and Roman (Trojan war, all that spartan ****, the **** that happened under Alexander's reign.) times.

Which actually, I think would be pretty ****ing awesome.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are forgetting that they mentioned cellular memory. Chances are, anything that happens while you're playing as the main character is a flashback. Otherwise, there would be no point in them mentioning the cell's ability to retain memories from all of our ancestors (its currently a theory, but chances are it'll be proven to be true one day).

So yeah, I'm thinking the matrix people are searching for a clue to something, or want to review an event that happened in that period, or even just searching for some kind of ancient hidden item. How they managed to find an ancestor of this particular person without obtaining a blood sample from the original specimen, I don't know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who cares if its a sci fi game anyways? as long as it kicks ass.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love scifi anything, but they advertised the game as a middle ages kind of thing. Now to suddenly hear that Neo needs to kill Smith again during the Third Crusade...well, it's a little much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this doesnt even have anything to do with the matrix. they were just using the going into peoples head thing as a reference. dont exaggerate so much.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering what little information we have, it's kind of hard not to exaggerate.

That said, if the storyline is they use a device to go backwards through someone's cellular memory and you play as someone in the past, I'm just going to laugh and pretend that isn't the story for the entirety of the game.

My story will revolve around me going after the pope.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772025/vids_1.html

watch the story development video.

didnt seem like they were hiding very much, except some key story line things.

they went to alot of trouble to accurately model and depict the time era and all the major cities. i dont think they would go to that trouble on just one level if your just going to be jumping through time willy nilly.

yeah they are hiding something, but Its sure as hell not going to be shifting through time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..who said anything about shifting through time?

I'm saying the entire game will be some kind of giant flashback. Thats what cellular memory is. You retain your ancestor's memories up to the point of conception, and then the process starts over until it reaches the last person.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
liek omg o_O I bets its its sam fisher =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know. I watched some more videos and they have some subtle little "techy" things thrown in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The main reason for this subtle thought is stemmed from the original trailer's scene in which it showed your character not in a medeival setting, but rather, in a modern operating room.

So yeah. Mind ****, FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom