Asimov's 30 Laws of Robotics.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/asimov-laws-robotics.php?page=1

My favorites:

4. A robot may not subject a human being to ridicule on the basis of weight, personal hygiene or financial standing, unless such ridicule would prevent a second human being from coming to the sort of harm that results from missing out on a good chortle.
8. A robot may not act in such a fashion as would make dogs obsolete, because dogs are less expensive than robots, and robots should be reserved for science things.
12. A robot must attempt to be courteous and civil to human beings at all times, even if the robot is just one of those robot arms that puts things together in a factory, because they should at least make the effort.
19. A robot must pretend to be interested when a human being tells it his dreams, but a human being bears no obligation to humor a robot when the circumstance is reversed.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recall that there were only 4 laws!:\

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recall that there were only 4 laws!:\
That's what you get for watching the Will Smith movie instead of actually reading his stories.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what you get for watching the Will Smith movie instead of actually reading his stories.
The funny thing is that i didn't see the movie.:)
I read the book("I Robot" - the only book from Asimov that i had read) three or four years ago but i can't remember well how it ended or if there were three or four rules!

Last edited:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Issac Asimov created four laws:

Zeroth Law
First Law
Second Law
Third Law

Any additional Laws were created by other authors.

11. A robot, specifically a big, wide robot, may not pretend to be a refrigerator and then make a scary noise when a human being opens it.
16. A robot may take only one item from each house when trick-or-treating, unless that robot has been tasked with collecting as much candy as possible for me, Isaac Asimov, in which case that robot may ignore the First Law.
20. A robot should not jump in the swimming pool to save a drowning boy, because it will just electrocute everyone and then we are worse off than when we started.
24. A robot must plant two trees for every cat it kills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom