Artist Battle Thread!!!

Best answers
Hey guys this is something i always thought i would bring to ESF Artwork topic. I got this from the PA Forums. I always thought this was cool so imma bring it here..

Rules are..

(1) I wont bring in a specific theme in the first battle thread so this is a non themed battle. In the future Ill make more battles but they will have themes..unless i run out of ideas ha. So the next battle thread mayb Thanksgiving Themed...Then Christmas Themed..etc you get the point..

(2) I’d like to see a “cartoon styled” battle thread. Things that are both disturbing and funny really seem to keep people interested in both drawing and reading the thread.

(3) Don’t think that it has to be a “strip”. If you like to do one panel attacks and spend some time on it, go for it. Some people don’t have time to do multi panel drawings with their busy schedules. We welcome the single panel contributors too!

(4) In order to make it fair and eliminate the “pile-on” that happens when the first few battles start. You must first introduce your character before you attack someone else’s. Even if it’s just a quick sketch\doodle.

(5) To give the “defending” artist a break, a 2-on-1 is the maximum allowed per character. But feel free to help out a fellow artist by tagging up and kicking some ass back together!

(6) Damage must be carried over to each drawing. No magical restoration!

I hope to see a lot of new faces in this battle thread and not just the “regulars”. Come on people don’t be shy we won’t bite. Unless that’s your character’s attack mind you!

*New Rule* Since everyone can kill instantly...fight to the finish. If it takes 1 finger to battle another opponent's body part or whatever...then you do it. Then ill decide if its over.

Here is my entry...

Ph34r CREAMER!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Creamer will pwn you in ways you didn't know you could be pwned.

Best answers
Okay, I have yet to particapate in a ESF art contest or anything so I guess this will be a first for me. I don't really know what is expected Nelo so could you narrow it down a bit? For example how many attacks per character? How does the theme system work with my character? and lastly what restriction apply when creating a monster/character? I've already made mine. His name is Dart.

*EDIT: Looks can be diseaving..!*

I'd like to enter any additional information about his Attack(s), HP, whatever..
Also my final question I guess is how will these 'things' do battle? I read something about strips? I'm guessing we gotta draw our opponent's character in a short comic strip as they do battle?? I'm lost right now so it'd be cool for you to clearify the rules and what not... O_O

Best answers
well the limit attacks is id say 2. I dont want anybody killing another person's character in just 1 strike. Id kinda like to see a battle instead of..o your dead. Now as far as the strip goes, like in the first panel you can have him punch him/her or slash him/her or take off an arm, leg. THen in the second panel you could have your character do something else. Like punch more, kick more. You get the point. Ill give you an example when i finish my first attack agaisnt a certain someone.. :devgrin:

About the theme. There is no theme THIS time but next battle thread i start i will make a theme. Such as, well its over but o well, Halloween themed. You would have to create a monster or something that is related to Halloween. Thats what i mean by theme. SO if i make a Christmas themed battle then you would have to create a character that is related to Christmas/Santa Clause. You could create an elf for that matter. Anything that is related to the theme.

Last question, you would have to draw the other opponent's character. THen have yours attack theirs. If you pull off their arm then, their arm is gone haha. Now say if your character takes out my character's eye..then i respond to that with my own attack back, then i would have to show my character without his eye. Well here is an example....

- THere is a monster..
- opponent's monster

- THere is the 1st attack.

- THere is the responsive attack in the first one. Look how the first attack is still in.

-Starting to get it?

-Then the final blow, seeing as how the Pumpkin is the brains and the body is just a "host" for him...the pumpkin takes the opponent's monster

Best answers
AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Brutal!!!

Ahh i c now.. At which time will the first battle take place? Are people still going to be submiting, or does the submission date end soon? o_O

Best answers
ppl can sumbit when they like. I havnt really thought up an end date for this..im guessing the due date is probably a week b4 thanksgiving at which time ill most likely make another one and its Thanksgiving themed. Or not i may do it during it or i may just wait until Christmas. THe battle starts when the first person attacks first. Say if i attacked you, then its already started. During that time someone could have anothr battle during ours. Or someone could join in a battle at any time and double team 1 person. But like the rules say, you have to show your character b4 you attack anyone.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool idea, im downloading !DRIVERS! (not warez) for my scanner, so be patient. My entry is Donnel. He's a guy that i drew, even though it suprisingly looks like Yu-Gi-Oh.

EDIT: My entry. Im Cging him now.

Best answers
I will make the first attack at 1:30 pm PST. I will not yet name my target but be prepared everyone...Looks can be diseaving... Muahahahahahaha!!! Tired now just finished the strip.. G'night... :tired:

Best answers
The more battles the more fun and hilarious its gonna be!

Best answers
Oh Yeah!!

First note, I didn't go with a one panel attack instead I just did an actual comic strip.. But there is still only one attack, and oh my how evil it is...

Nicho: Dart I order you to attack Uri!!!!!

Cinematic Sequence:

"Looks can be diseaving... Muahahahahah!!"

*Damage done*

:Broken Nose:
:2 Broken Ribs:
:1 Lost Nad:

:smile: Enjoy the evil! And BTW I hope you enter wangsta' that would be so sick! Ownage is inevitable..

Best answers
Bwahahahaha god thats great. Drawing is excellent, damage has certainly been done haha.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm, i made this one up in like, BAM, here he is, i think il make a fight tommorow, cya

Best answers
Cool. More characters plz! cmon guys dont be shy now! This is gonna lots of fun once we have like a TON of battles goin on haha.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry bout the crapy drawings i wa sina hurry

dmg done, an axe permentally between the eyes

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im gonna use my old dudeman char.. ill put up a fight onto sum1 soon...

Best answers
Damnit! Nooooooooo!!! DAAAAAAART!!!!! Aww! No matter I'll just have to bring out the big guns for Uri's big finish :devgrin:

Be kind of hard to draw the little guy with a huge axe in his forehead.. I'll have to find a way to use that to my advantage hmmm... Maybe make a funny about it hehe.

BTW: dudeman thats a kick ass character dawg loving the hair heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom