Arthas my dear, though i spend my days in conversation... please

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't get the title, you suck.

Anyhow, I quit wow 2 months back, but I've had problems controlling my urges, so I decided a way I could settle them and get back into modeling would to be design my own Paladin tier, and model it. So I came up with some concepts, finalised one, did a painting to work out the colours, and started the struggle to create a high poly model.

anyhows here's my concepts, my final pencil sketch and a pimping scene of him fending off undead with his holyness D:

I know the sword is fudged, but after 16 hours working on that i cba to do anymore

and here's the model in its current state, sitting in at 10610 tri's without the sword.

and my first serious attempt at sculpting are here, the beard is placeholder:

anyhows crits comments are extremely appreciated :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
David, that's just pure , pixelated sex.

I think the shoulders should be slightly bigger with a little of that blue glow coming out more.

Also, i would have wanted to see what kind of an helmet you would have developed to that.

Otherwise, very well done.
I would nominate this set to be our tier 7 / 8 for sure. Maybe make a topic of this to the paladin forums ?

I mean, all the best suggestions get a blue tag and are being sent to the officials of Blizzard - we could very well be looking at the tier 7 i tell you! :)

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God, this is the kind of artwork blizzard needs to see for tiers.

Seriously, that's such a good concept / adaptation.

I'm proud of you david<3

you'd make me wanna keep leveling my paladin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as and when you get to the stage where you want to make pretty renders, i'll help you put him into UnrealEd3.... oooooh the shiney shiney :p

Best answers
Looking sex already, but I'd give the cloak a broader appearance, coming from under the shoulderpads rather than being tied around the neck. Kind of like Arthas' cloak if you know what I mean.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't get the title, you suck.

Anyhow, I quit wow 2 months back, but I've had problems controlling my urges, so I decided a way I could settle them and get back into modeling would to be design my own Paladin tier, and model it. So I came up with some concepts, finalised one, did a painting to work out the colours, and started the struggle to create a high poly model.

anyhows here's my concepts, my final pencil sketch and a pimping scene of him fending off undead with his holyness D:

I know the sword is fudged, but after 16 hours working on that i cba to do anymore

and here's the model in its current state, sitting in at 10610 tri's without the sword.

and my first serious attempt at sculpting are here, the beard is placeholder:

anyhows crits comments are extremely appreciated :)

Is that mubox you are sculpting in? If so I strongly recommend you swap to zbrush before you get to far into it, it's a better program, the remap topology tools alone make it worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom