Art help.

Best answers
well, im currently acquiring my bachelors in game art and design and ive always wanted to learn but was never good at drawing. Just went into my first art class and were going to start with still life drawing. stuff like fruits and shapes. anyway, i was just hoping for some pointers. thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm in the same program ^^
You're going to one of the Art Institutes?

The best advice I could give you on drawing would be to search around online for tutorials, and draw as much as possible outside of class. And don't get discouraged even if it doesn't look like you're improving.
Simply, one day you'll be looking at or drawing something and you'll realize that moving your pencil in a certain way, or starting off with a certain shape gives you much better results. And you'll just keep on discovering things by accident as long as you keep drawing ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Platscollege seems a better choice but what ever floats your boat.

Draw basic shapes. Like spheres, trangles, boxes, and then draw them 3-D. Drawing these shapes will create like an image in your head. Then start drawign those shapes inside the shapes.

You really have to look of what you're drawing and don't make it up while you go. If you want, I can try to get a photo of one of my drawings that's colored to give you a idea. I still believe it still has my pencil drawn shapes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom