arrow system (power sensing)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
what about some arrow type system, like when you have *already targeted someone*, tiny arrows appear on the screen, helping you find the enemy player ( if he is on your right, an arrow will be on the right side of the screen).

Seems to work well in cs. When you take damage by bullets, red marks appear on the screen, and help you find where your being shot from. After playing the game for years, the red marks make me react on instincts now. Just wondering if it would work in esf.

I know some would say that what radar is for, but to me it seems to get in the way. If there was an arrow system, players could eventually learn to follow the enemy using peripheral vision.

Right now, if you lose a player from your site, you would have to take a second to stare at the radar, and find him that way. And instead of using the radar to identify someone, text should appear at the bottom of the screen, identify'ing players and power level.

I do find the scouter useful when there are many players in the server. Perhaps add an option to make it semi-transparent.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know this idea isnt bad or good. Shure its nice to know who you are fighting in that full server.

BUT its a bit harsh. Just think of this. If you loose a guy from your sight of wiew its your damn fault. So you have to pay the price for that. If he looses you you have that advantage.

Personaly i hate this idea. Even if transparent. It bugs your point of wiew (thats why i have the scouter disabled).

I give this idea a bug :no: it just gives you a to big chance. If you loose him you should pay for it. Or you should evade him. But knowing where he is all the time is to mutch.

Best answers
Grega said:
You know this idea isnt bad or good. Shure its nice to know who you are fighting in that full server.

BUT its a bit harsh. Just think of this. If you loose a guy from your sight of wiew its your damn fault. So you have to pay the price for that. If he looses you you have that advantage.

Personaly i hate this idea. Even if transparent. It bugs your point of wiew (thats why i have the scouter disabled).

I give this idea a bug :no: it just gives you a to big chance. If you loose him you should pay for it. Or you should evade him. But knowing where he is all the time is to mutch.
I suggested this idea in my power sensing idea except the thing is The arrows doesn't POINT to exactly where your opponent is it just points in the area of your opponent.. Up , down, left , right and my idea wasn't an area it was a red high light in the corners of the screen Or maybe a sound instead

Force Pit Member
Best answers
hmm, maybe they should make beams have a louder sound, like a whirling type sound now that you mention it. So that way players wearing headphones can hear it coming at them by directional sound, and evade it.

This idea works good with swoops, I can hear a player swooping at me, and I know to teleport or get out of the way in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom