Arrg

Best answers
i no im not a moderator or anything like that so yea.

alrite i have been seeying countless threads being say "its too laggy" Well you will need atleast a 32mg geforce or higher.. if you have that and it stills lags then get:

512 mg ram
amd 2000+ or pentium = 1.8 ghz will do fine
Fast connect for Net game (14 , 28 , 56 ks are NOT good)
atleast 32mg graphics card
17 inch screen with high refresh rate
good sound card or it will be lagger (in sound)
FAST motherboard will do fine
If you play agianst you friend on L.A.N then get better lan cards
40gb with alot of rpm with so onboard cache.

thats all i have to say "stop saying it lags" because its not esf its you computer!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
theres a difference between lag and fps loss

lag is server side and theres nothing u can do about it

fps is ur frames per second and if u have a crap fx card and try to do super fancy fx the fps will go down really low and the game will skip and jump

Best answers
and next to that all you say is pretty much bull****. A p400, 64 mb ram, and a 32mb 3d card should do fine with esf as long as you set it up on opengl or direct3d and dont put the graphics at its best, and lag at the server ,yeah you should have a decent connection or else a server that is really good, atleast 56k, then you can get a decent ping like 200/300 (high bnut playable) and the hd that also doesnt matter at all as long as you got some space free and hl and windows fit on it:p!!

Best answers
half life is easy to tweak to get high fps . but if u got something like a tnt2 on a p3 450 dont expect too much .
try changing ur texture mode settings, ur decal count, decal max size etc. and if ur hosting ur own little non dedicated server i suggest you limit the server to like 4 people, more than 6 people in the server normally gives it a heart attack.
for connection lag try changing ur rates ( updaterate, cmdrate, cl_rate etc )
edit: yous should try the program powerstrip . it allows you to change ur monitors refresh rate ( which is a big part of the fps ur getting in ur games, the windows default is 60 i think which is way too low if u got a decent monitor).

Best answers
around 75

and remember,if you run openGL and still have crappy FPS after that tweaking,try gl_picmip and gl_playermip,or something like it anyway,I forgot!!!:s

and if it still doesnt work youll have no choice but to buy a new video card

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a radeon 9700 pro and it still gets choppy in the framerate department at a lot of times if I'm in a crowded server. Looking towards the middle of ESF_city cuts my fps from a solid 100 to as low as 30 instantly. I have yet to figure out why. But otherwise, it's all true: most people's computers are the issue, and that's the fact of the matter.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you only get 100 fps with a 9700pro?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
100fps is the max halflife can do. lol

As far as refresh rates go, there is no "good one." You just set it the highest you can. By setting my refresh rate to 100hz (the highest my monitor can handle), when I play half life or other games and use vsync to stop tearing (which doesn't work in ESF, for some reason...it still tears), it has to limit my max fps to my refresh rate. So by setting it as high as I can, I get a maxed out framerate with the benefits of vsync.

(EDIT: This is only on certain maps loaded with players that I have these framerate and refresh rate issues...most games with eight players or less run at a silky 100fps without much of a difference)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom