Arnie and Jackie Chan take on piracy, Hollywood style!

Best answers
And I'm left with that little boy voice in the back of my hide:
"But how can I help you, Mr. Schartzenager?"

The medicine part is bad... bad bad... bad.... Movies and music? :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good on them! a lot of people dont realise how far the effects of piracy actually reach.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.... im a fan of jackie chan.. but the car crash looked so bad...you could even see that it was a fake.

im waiting for this movie :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A motorcycle scene has to do what with piracy?

Wierd that it cost $190,000 dollars to shoot when it was green screened, unless the payed for the "motorcycles" and filmed the car accident scenes from scatch. Good to see Arnold keep up with his hollywood persona as well as politics. DIdn't know medicine could be pirated though, just thought it was music, movies and other forms of media.

"Let's Terminate it" was a nice little verbal cameo.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now he gonna terminate them (or atleast try :p, with jackie as his right hand man).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
That car chase scene came from bad boys II if Im not mistaken.

btw Saiyan_Overlord I love your double posting sig. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Good for them. Piracy sucks and ruins everything.
Opinion ;).

Funny little commercial, although I thought it was a little... lame. But, it's good to see him and/or Jackie Chan in anything, as they're pretty coo' ^_^.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Aslong downloading music and movies is legal in Holland I dont give a ratass about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pirating games, movies, music, and software isn't so bad =/. If it didn't exist, I'd either be broke all the time or I wouldn't have much of anything.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or I'd have a lot more free time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought about it, and want to know: What can we do to stop piracy? Join a website that uses the registered members list to say how many people want to stop it? We really can't do anything but ask that they stop downloading. Cops aren't going to go bust a 19 year old for downloading The Matrix, it's a waste of time.

What can you do to help...?

KyoKusanagi

K
More needs to be done to prevent the causes of piracy.

And the number one cause? Cost.

CDs, DVDs, Games and Programs cost ridiculous amounts of money these days and many people can't justify spending up to hundreds of dollars for a software package. I mean how many arts students do you know, own a legal copy of Adobe Photoshop CS?

Even with government subsidised learning equipment (which is soon to be abolished here in Australia) and software packages for educational use, its still far too expensive. $199 for an operating system with only basic features? Get stuffed!

I'm willing to buy legal copies of games, music and movies, but not before I've given it a decent run through. Its only then that i'll decide if the producers or artists deserve my money.

As for the ad, I'd give it a few weeks before it shows up in a Malaysian night market on sale on DVD for RM5.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Pirating games, movies, music, and software isn't so bad =/. If it didn't exist, I'd either be broke all the time or I wouldn't have much of anything.
dude, your like, 17 years old. get a ****ing job already. you'll find that anyone in either part, or full time employment, can afford just about any music cd they want, or movie!

as for the above post:
I'm willing to buy legal copies of games, music and movies, but not before I've given it a decent run through. Its only then that i'll decide if the producers or artists deserve my money.
isnt that why they release demo's of games, and trailers of movies, and singles of albums?

Best answers
There's one problem with the Job theory, Gir... We're greedy. We want it all and we want it now...

We meaning the generation, and humans in general.

Don't get me wrong, I've bought games with my hard-earned cash. But if I could find a site that would allow me to easily download and play a game I don't have that wouldn't be severely handicapped (ex, any MMORPG), don't think I wouldn't get it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I have a job. Im also responsible for paying the electric, phone, and gas bill. Now, working part time at a bs job doesnt exactly pay much so I like to have as much spending money as possible. Why waste money on a cd when I only want one song? Why spend 20 bucks at a movie theater when I can see it for free? Why buy a game that might be complete and utter crap when I can try it out for free and then buy the game if I deem it worthy? If you want, you can send me money every week and I'll obtain everything legally. Until then, I'll continue to sail my pirate ship and loot every goddamn thing I see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need a better job then. and FYI, i pay not only for myself, but also my entire family. and i can still afford to go get a cd, or a movie etc. and im on a fairly low income.

bottom line; you wont pay for it because you dont have to, which is all well and good. but one day your not even going to be able to download things, because movies wont be produced, bands wont exist, and artists will stay well away from games development. and all because no one can afford to make them anymore.

you might think that your just 1 person, and 1 person downloading stuff wont make a difference. but the problem comes in, when 10 million people have the same opinion as you, thats £5 per person to see a movie.

thats £50 million

£12 per cd

thats £170 million

£30 per game (new release)

£470 million

not such a small figure now eh?

one of the reasons prices are so high, is because they physically cant afford to produce the things any lower.

you look at a CD. most people think its like 10p at most to make a cd. which is complete bull****. they forgot to take into account the employment of everyone who worked on the mixing of the tracks, to the artwork in the slieve, or even the bands themselves.

if you only want one song from a CD, then download it through iTunes or some other legal source, heck, even buy the single? thats what its there for.

im sure nothing ive said will change your opinion. but that goes to show just how small your mind is, if you cant grasp the full facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom