Are there any steam media players?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, I wanted to know if there are any steam media players which I can use from the steam community when you play in a game (you click shift+tab then you get the steam interface where u have a steam browser, ur friends list, community window etc...)

I want to be able to activate music from that steam interface(shift+tab)
but I don't know if it is possible.

So there are any steam media player or something similar that will work with the shift+tab thing.

Minimizing the games is irrelevant for me... and playing in a window isn't something...

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think there is or ever will be one you could make a suggestion on the steam forums they might like the idea of adding an mp3 player to steam

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, for music ingame I use Foobar2000. It's fastly becoming my favorite program ever.

You can add in custom keyboard shortcuts to do pretty much anything you want. You can make these shortcuts global meaning anytime you press the buttons and Foobar is open, that action is performed. So say you're in a game and you want to listen to the next song, instead of alt tabbing and clicking on the next song, just press the keyboard shortcut for next song.

Control + backspace is pause
Control + + is next song
Control + - is previous song
Control + 0 is skip ahead by 30 seconds
Control + [ is play songs in order
Control + ] is play songs in a random order
Control + \ is repeat song
Control + + (Number key) is volume up
Control + - (Number key) is volume down

Everything you could want to do without alt tabbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom