Are there any good free anti virus software out there?

Best answers
Hey just wondering if there was some better ones that norton anti virus out there for download, it just seems like norton can't get rid of everything. Free ones that is... lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Avast! personally, and also Spybot - Search and Destroy. They've both worked fine for me so far. :3 They're both free, too.

You'll need to register for a free home license on Avast!, and you'll need to get a new license every so often (every year I think), but that's easy, because you've already registered, you can easily get a new license. The info's on their site. This may seem like a bit of a hassle, but Avast! can also run in the background, protecting your computer. Spybot also has a similar feature, which allows you to disallow registry edits by programs. This may be a bit too advanced for some (and it can mess up things if you install a program but don't allow the registry changes it needs) so it's a feature you have to be careful with.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i don't consider "Spybot - Search and Destroy" being an anti-virus :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p I don't recall asking for your opinion.

As I mentioned, Spybot's 'Tea Timer' feature allows you to block registry entries as they are made, so this is also useful against virii that attempt to attack your registry.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom