Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
BAHHH... i would make new awesome animations for the models if the ESF team would let me.... blah....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah if i hit stop it continues playing and if i hit it again it messes up and plays the same song like 4 times all at once......

Best answers
yeh that's true, the animatiopns need to be redone badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
*ears can not take it* god damn that music sucks:shocked: :shocked:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
omg...

if your mouse goes over the sig at all, the music starts o_O god damn, have it like -[gf]-Teins sig, it plays like one sounds if u press it, thats cool, but not music...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well why dont u 2 make a sample of ur work and post it?

Best answers
Originally posted by Saiyanwigga
insane clown posse?
You damn right about that song "THE LOONS" its from the Ringmaster album. OK people official insturctions for my sig. if you drag your mouse over the main part of my sig (the part with pictures) the music will start. if you want to stop the music click on the stop music button. If you then drag your mouse over the pictures again the music will start again. so avoid it if you dont lik e it ok :) Laterz you lil newbies to flash

Vassago

V
All of you are really something here.....

You CANNOT compare us to other mods or games, NOT at this stage. Collectively, the team has had about 7 months of development time - not even touching the surface of what other teams have had. We are also still in the ALHPA stage. None of you should even BE playing ESF right now. For some reason, masta feels like you all should be able to "taste" the mod as it's developed, so please don't bicker about every concievable flaw.

Our modelers are getting better and better with each creation of theirs. I'm a professional modeler. I do contract work for several companies in my spare time. I work for ESF because I was already familiar with the Halflife engine from my previous mod works, and my many many custom model replacements for CounterStrike. I came to them at alpha 1.8, and I thought that I could help them obtain a higher level of visual appeal. I have been doing my best with the limitations in hand, to get my models looking the best that I can. My models are made in the industry-standard way. Creating a high definition mesh, and refining it into something usefull for gameplay. Halflife can handle 1500-1600 poly player models with little to no lag. If your PC is very old, then of course you will have probs running it. Then again if your PC is THAT bad, you shouldn't be playing games at all. Perhaps you have a problem with my skins? Then SPEAK UP. I created the skins for cell to look a little more realistic, yet retain a cartoonish look for the sake of the series. If you want me to spend more time on them, I can make the textures equal in quality to any QIII skin. I find that THAT would be a waste of time however, seeing how Halflife only supports 8bit, 256 color bitmaps.

So please, refrain from complaining about the little things. We know that most the models need to be redone, and they will be. I am working on Freiza and his forms, as well as finishing up Perfect Cell. After that, I'll be working on custom models that the team has made up. SS_Vegeta is working on the Buu models and the SSJ heads. Joe is working on a new Goku skin, as well as the new SSJ head skins. Harsens has got some kick ass code ramped up for the next release, including a new playmode and some special suprises for all.

All I'm saying is that we are precursors to the existing mods out there. Regardless of what any of you say, this is NOT an excuse, it's FACT. We have had less than 1/2 the development time that most these mods have had. The fact that the halflife source code isn't extremely well documented doesn't help either. So please just stick with ESF through it's ups and downs, because in the end we will rock the ass of the mod community.

Best answers
tru well said vas... its funny your just in alpha stages and people think your a retail mod... so in my mind the mod is great and keep it coming...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is sittin pretty

Don't get bent out of shape Vassago! I don't think the kiddies know what they have here. It could be like the others (minus DMZ), a series of webpage updates, or it could be this nigh unto mastapeice (pun intended). I think we are going to be pleasantly fragging away with ESF as time goes on. I thank you (and the team) for your hard work. If these guys can do better they can post their work, and show us.

Or just shut up :devgrin:

Let see it pro-team . . . I think the sounds I supplied for the SSJ Script are pretty good but I don't go bashing ESF's sound bites, now do I?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vassago i bet that took you ages to write, it took me ages to read it to, but it was worth it.

Some people jsut dont learn ESF is in alpha and it still kicks ass!
I like the "Open Testing" masta has taken on the mod more Crews should take this approach!

BrunO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom