Apple to Purchase Electronic Arts

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
APPLE is making a foray into the gaming market - with the electronics giant tipped to make an 'unprecendented acquisition' for Sony or Electronic Arts (EA).

Gaming website CVG reported that cash-flush Apple, which has US$51 billion (S$65.9 billion) to spend, may make a major acquisition after CEO Steve Jobs hinted at investing in a new 'strategic opportunity'.

'We strongly believe that one or more very strategic opportunities may come along, that we can take, that we're in a unique position to take advantage of because of our strong cash position,' he told investors.

'So I think that we would like to continue to keep our powder dry because we do feel that there are one or more strategic opportunities in the future.'

CVG reported that Kaufman Brothers had tipped EA, Netflix and even Facebook as targets.

However, leading financial magazine Barron's reportedly suggested that Apple faces speculation it 'could acquire Adobe Systems, Sony, or even Walt Disney".

CVG considered Sony a likely target for acquisition, with the Japanese company reporting a loss of 40.8 billion yen (S$653 million) last year, and an estimated market cap value of about US$40 billion - 'comfortably within Apple's price range'.
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/TechandScience/Story/STIStory_595377.html

Or, lol, even Disney, which I highly doubt. Sony? Fat chance. Apple will ruin the video game industry...it's like the Activision of consumer Electronics, we don't need another.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Highly unlikely...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop posting silly rumors. When something solid comes up for discussion, I'm all for it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These are just crappy rumors. While Apple may have the money to buy one of these companies, there is a whole lot more to than just buying a company. Apple has their own unique position in the market. One could arguably say that Apple stands for a certain amount of quality. Apple purchasing EA just wouldn't make sense anymore, since EA is not anywhere near the type of quality like Apple is (that coming from me, mister anti-Apple). Apple would have to spend millions if not billions more, to change EA into something that fits in Apple's brand.

The same can be said about companies like Sony and Walt Disney. They both have completely different propositions than Apple has (Walt Disney even has a completely different market), it wouldn't make sense if Apple bought some of the biggest companies in this world, to enter a different market. And they wouldn't even go anywhere near Adobe, for obvious reasons.

I call bogus.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotta agree with Spunky here, you really should stop giving people false hope.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, Apple goes from fascist business practices to purchasing the largest front in 3rd-party distribution?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom