Apoleso/New Indy

Best answers
Nice! Clean orange collor with a little bit white into it. Would be even better (atleast i think) if you ad some kind if "item" on the above right side, so you get some kind off advertation wallpaper.

Best answers
yeah i agree but it kinda misses a focal point

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks cool but I agree with doc.

Best answers
Good point doc. But it's fine with me i guess a focal point (although not too appealing) would be the black demon in the bottom right, but thats not really its purpose. Meh.. :D Thanks for commenting.

Best answers
That black demon wouldn't be a Gundam Wing silhouette would it? I think DocJay is right that it doesn't really have any focus. Which may be because it's a little empty for what it presents. I'm not sure precisely what you were trying, but I'm going to go out on a limb. Apoleso is ancient greek for destroy or send away or something along those lines, and the "demon", as it were, lends itself to that idea. I also, sort of, get the vibe of fire off the background. Conceptually I think you did a good job of tying things together (provided I'm not way off on my previous guess), though I think the font choice was a little timid for destuction. My thoughts are this: if you are making an image of destruction why not destroy the hell out of it. I think what you've got now is a little too calm and serene for demolition. Distress the hell out of it: jagged lines, broken images, stark colors, intense fire. Maybe you could even pull some of that Greek flavor into it with some simple symbols or imagery and add another level to the work. If you're used to doing really controlled work, deconstructing something can be really really fun. Like smashing a pretty vase or a glass house.

Best answers
Damn MrDomino, very perceptive. The black image is a demon though, not a gundam. I admit that maybe "destroy" is not the absolute correct way to portray that but it's along the line. I chose apoleso because the other words that were a bit more fitting didn't look very appealing at all. But i think that it is pretty hmmm...amazing that you read that deeply into that piece as that is pretty much what i was going for. You also make a good point that i should have ripped it up a bit more, but like i said destroy isn't exactly what i was going for, but it was close enough. Nice one MrDomino :D and thanks for commenting.

/me thinks that ill make something more messy next time :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoa, uhhh its like all orange, it isnt really nething cept orange and some blurry lines, not really impressive in my books

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom