~{ape}~'s

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The next person to post about the Kai clan will be warned. This thread is about the ape clan, not the kai.

With that said, if you simply must continue with the kai discussion, take it to a new thread, or PM's

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Clans are fun if you take the game somewhat seriously. I ended my clan [ph34r] about a year and a half ago cuz I didn't care anymore. I only wanted to have fun, minus "LOL ME BET U IN CLN MATHC ROFOFLFLF!!!"

Anyways, back on topic, I was friends with a lot of the original APE team, however, when higher-up people started disliking me, they stopped talking to me due to "association" -- Meh

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I haven't seen any other apes except you, Gohan. I'm sure Vampire comes around lately. I never knew grOOvy made it to Ape. I don't play ESF taht much so I don't know much about the newb and the pro clans anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea well I'll tell the story to Gr00vy's coming to ape.

This is back in the 1.0 times. Back in these days ESF was associated with only 2 great powers, (sorry if this is Biased, but it's how I remember it) those great powers were ~{ape}~ and |::Z::|. |::Z::| was mainly based in europe but it did range in having US players, such as Draylock, Halorin, GMan, Kakarotto and Optional. ~{ape}~ was being led at the time by Bi0 Brolly and Majin Saiyajin, and could stand toe to toe with any clan in the West. Now these two clans did have a clan match, but there was suspicion of hacking and that lead to turmoil. A couple months to a year later, |::Z::| is disbanded or is taking a break so Kakarotto (Majin's Brother) and Optional Decide to join our clan. Within some few months from this Gr00vy along with Panther, and Epedemic Optikz. But Gr00vy didn't stay too long in our new found ~{ape}~ so he decided to return to |::Z::| . They stayed alive until some unfortunate events happened with Kenshin .

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. I remember meeting Majin Saiyajin in 1.0 and meeting Bio in 2.0. I played with most of the old members. What happend to thy?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He's playing with us still, Just me Thy and Kami from the 1.1 times are still together. Me and Kami from the 2.0 times... heh

Best answers
i remember trying out for ape...sadly i sucked back then...but majin and i were good friends...we talked a lot

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ness said:
add is being a prick and not returning

ive finally weened myself off WoW :D

OOPS LOL, I forgot all about Mr Add, (Saiyan Legend) heh he's one of the famous apes that got their sig in the ape_city ape meeting room.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
i remember trying out for ape...sadly i sucked back then...but majin and i were good friends...we talked a lot
I find that hard to believe but ok...

Anywho-I met Majin Saiyajin once. It was in the ESF_cell_games map back in 1.1 where the dragon balls were all in one spot and the sensu beans. God that map pwns. Anywho, I really wanted to fight him because I heard he was wicked good, we never got to battle for some reason I forgot why, I think it was either the ping difference or he had to go soon.

The only reason I even bothered playing esf was to get better so I could join ape. I was going to apply, but they said "we aren't taking anybody we will ask you to join" sadly for me they never asked me to join, so I just said "eh, i think i'm really good, i can pretty much give most pro's a good challenge, so I'll stick with it" and i became addicted. But lost my will power to become any better.

Enough about my life story. If Majin Saiyajin comes back I would like to fight him.

I fought Kakarotto, I can't remember who was better. Or if we were even. But I do remember fighting him. I also remember he was good. I fought Vampire in 1.2 only. He of course pwned me. ;)
Fought Gr00vy once when I was a noob in 1.1 beat me to hell. Fought Thytomi, thytomi in 1.1 was the only ape i was better then. And I didn't know he was an ape until he told me. I think that's about it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me and Thy were balanced sometimes. We used to sometimes beat the **** out of eachother, but I still suck.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it was around the first week after I joined ~{ape}~ that Gohan pulled me into a server and took me one on one for god-knows how many hours. We played to 100, and he got me 100-99 with something like 12 life to spare. I was frustrated as hell about it. He and I were always fairly even, though Kame had an edge on me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i kept playing to get into {::ZF::} for 8 months i struggled hehe, then i was finally able to wear the trial tag \o/...then a week later my dsl connection went....the next time i played ESF online was 1.2 with Prozac, about 3 or 4 weeks after 1.2's release when i got a new connection :eek:

as for Mystix, he hasnt posted on the foumrs in like a year or something, the last time i saw him was in irc around this time last year or early autumn/fall. I think he is too busy irl

add is still around, when he isnt working or making new characters on WoW, but i dont think he is ever coming back to play ESF again

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea, those were some fun times, and then you stopped talking to me and kami and we deduced taht you quit playing esf and became full moderator on the boards...

but heh how you came into ~{ape}~ is just so great.... i wish i could still pull tournies like taht one

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's basically what happened. I still played every so often, but it got boring to only see action in tournaments that rarely happened. The few times we did throw tournaments we kept running into those issues like the aforementioned "no melee" situations where nothing ended up happening, so I fell out of the loop. Anymore, the average player is much better than they were back in those days, for better or worse. A tournament would be even more fun to throw now, if we could dig up some of the old team again, and maybe some old members of the other clans.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea, I try them but noone comes on. Like at one time I got most of the old SL members - about 4 of them and we had arranged to have a 1v1 shinanigan go on, but they didn't show up leaving me with about 5 members to do something with.

but yea I'm still down to arrange some kind of ESF Tournament, even if ppl don't come- the resulting 2v2s are fun.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea heh Im Gohan

I remember that model script you let me use. That was pretty sweet =D, heh but this was back when you were still MP

Best answers
The major alpha clans were: TIS and APE. TIS had crimson and ape had bio. If I recall you were my doppelganger and still are in some ways gohan. There were afew other clans in alpha, but I dont' recall them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom