Aol

Best answers
I agree about AOL being a p.o.s., but when you don't have a choice can you really do anything about it? I sadly have AOL, but I'm not it the 172.173.*.* range thankfully. :) AOL is way overhead in the amount of people they have on it, but my parents think it's the cheapest and best isp out there. :shocked: Is that sad or what?

Best answers
yeah, I am in the 172.137 range.........

but if I ever have problems, I can connect through another isp account (but its my cousins and its limited)

AOL does suck> i use it and I still know it sucks

but atleast I dont surf through their browser, I open up IE and surf through there. AOL cant track what you look at if you dont use their browser.

One thing that REALLY pisses me off, i dont have the master account but I got the 2nd highest account status. Yet i am unable to set up my own mail filters.

what kind of **** is that?? I think that any ISP that doesnt let someone set up a mail filter cause they dont have a master account should have all the spam mailed directly to them. such iunjusices in the world:devil:

Best answers
And whats with all the free hours AOL gives you anyway? There is no way you could use 1250 hours in a month! Theres only 720 hours in a 30 day month! Hell. Even if they gave you two months you still could not use it all!

And F.Y.I AOL has been having financial problems. I believe that plain to lay off %10 of their workforce sometime in the near future. It shall be a glorious day when the evil empire falls!

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diff IPs liek the beginning of them...

EXAMPLE:

This IP WOuld be banned because 172.173 is a banend part of the IP.

This wouldn't be banned:

Cause it has a different Beggining in the IP...

Least I think I'm right lol but most likely not....

Best answers
hahaa I save my AOL disk's I get in the mail... Like 3 a month I then at the end of every year I use the return address and send them a **** load of AOL CD's it's funny as hell... They still send me them too.. *******s! :\ ;(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
the cds come in handy for all sorts of things

coasters, frisbees, paper weights

i hear someone decorated there elevator with themO_O

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AOL = last ditch emergency backup ISP for free. Only way I'd use it. It's very much like Menchi.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by Epedemic_Optikz
Comcast High Speed Internet Is Really Slow Also.My Cable Only Works for Like 60% of the day and then it goes slow like 200 kb a sec.Normally its about 1500.:]
i have comcast cable in NJ. my cable never ever goes down and i always get super great ping in games no matter where i play.

Best answers
I used to have AOL, before God called upon me and told me that they were in allegance with Satan. I wasnt in the 172.173** range and it still sucked. I didn't pay for it though, so that was one good thing. But I convinced my mom to go the way of the Broadband, and we got Roadrunner, now I run at an average of 1.5 mbps in bandwidth, with around 800kps-1mbps download rate. And considering where I live, that's hella fast. Plus, (unless your using XBConnect) Roadrunner, (and Bellsouth FastAccess DSL...which we chose not to get) is the only way to connect to XBox Live...which I happen to have....

Originally posted by SSJ4 SON GOKU
i have comcast cable in NJ. my cable never ever goes down and i always get super great ping in games no matter where i play.
My Sister and Brother-in-law have that particular service and they say its hella fast :shocked:

Best answers
I have AOL and it is amazing. It's slow load times give you time to think about things like how sad ur internet connection is and how you get kicked off servers online cause of your slow speed. Oh there's something else, you are forced to get SPAM mail, even though you pay for the AOL service!!! Another outstanding thing is the Parental Controls. Back when I had it set on young teen i couldn't get on any sites meant for my age group or younger... but i managed to find some adult stuff it let me on. I'm telling all of you who don't have AOL to throw away ur broadband and join us narrowband "cool kids" :p

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Yata
the cds come in handy for all sorts of things

coasters, frisbees, paper weights

i hear someone decorated there elevator with themO_O
i once got a chain and wore one around for a while pretending i got the bling bling goin on...

Best answers
Aol does suck.. but I dont have to worry because I dont have aol!!! muahahaha! I have 1.5 mb charter cable !!!! It rocks!! I get pings of 20 in cs

almostdeleted

A
I have a cable modem AND aol.. Does that make me bad? My optimum makes my comp really fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom