Anyone willing to help a n00b compile?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I keep getting repeating problems when compiling. i checked for problems, the map is error free, i checked for any missing entities, i have info_evil_start, same for good, and player. i have light and everything. still, it gives problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In order for use to help you, it would be good to list the errors :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes hammer has an imagination, just remake those two brushes by searching for them by brush number.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, remaking them didnt work. It gives the same errors.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Code:
0 brushes (totalling 0 sides) discarded from clipping hulls
CreateBrush:
Error: Entity 0, Brush 7, Side 6: has a coplanar plane at (-128, 1184, -640), texture C1A1C_W1B
Error: brush with coplanar faces
Description: The map has a problem which must be fixed
Howto Fix: Check the file ZHLTProblems.html for a detailed explanation of this problem

Error: Entity 0, Brush 7, Side 8: has a coplanar plane at (640, 1184, -544), texture CRETE4_FLR01
Error: Entity 0, Brush 7, Side 9: has a coplanar plane at (-128, 1184, -544), texture C1A1C_W1B
 (0.03 seconds)

Read the stickies next time. I made a tutorial just for this.

If remaking the brushes didn't work, then the process of making the brush gave you the error. Most likely, you are using Vertex Manipulation that messed the brush up, or else, you used the Clip tool too much. Try making a simpler brush to replace it. If you cannot, either try to remake the area, or you can work around the hole or make it differently.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
foolish me. Opty, you are my hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom