Anyone wanna hear my history with ESF? No? So don't open this thread, it's boring

Old

Best answers
Once upon a time, so long, 2005, when i was a ridiculous kid (i still one) living all the day in the streets with troubles, like steal (yes man, this is Brazil), a lan house was created in my neighborhood, everyone changed from troubles to the Lan, because we were all dumb kids so that was terrific amazing all that games, all that tecnology things we never saw. But the only game with great sucess in that time was CS 1.6
As a honest politician (1 in 11111111 and a heaven's light), ESF showed to me and a couple of guys (The IAPC gang we were) and we spend loooong time playing this.
Unfortunatelly you grow up in life, responsability and everything. 10 years later, i found this game randomly (i think was fate) and the nostalgic tale hits me.
But today there is lot of things i can't understand yet, i mean, ESF Final? A game of the classic-best game? and where is every ESF players? And in your timeline this game was started in 2008, so 8 years? i really need some explanation because it's hard to understand everything.

if you read this, you retarded like me, i don't think i'll remember this tomorrow, but i'll follow everystep if this ESF Final is real.

FIRST POST WE NEVER FORGET!

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF alpha 2.0 was released in 2001, followed by ESF beta 1.0 in 2002 and a patch for Beta 1.0 named ESF beta 1.1 was released in early 2003. Then mid 2004 ESF 1.2 got released and had 3 patches to ESF 1.2.3

After that the devs started working on ESF 1.3 and in 2006 the open beta was started. Each month the team released a version so that the community would help with the testing. That went as well asselling san in the desert, since only a few people actually helped. So in 2008 we decided to abandon the idea of an open beta and continue with a closed inteam system. At that point it was also decided to rename the version we were working on from 1.3 to ESF Final.

Well the final has been in developement since, still being a HL1 mod, but the amount of changes to the way things work, you can probably say its a new engine that uses HL1 as a core.

There is no set release date for ESF Final, we are simply working on it as we have the time to do so. But you are wellcome to stick round the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom