Anyone remember that nasty PS2 disk read error?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.ps2settlement.com/

Yeah, so did a pair of people, one from California and one from Canada.

They apparently started a Class Action lawsuit that sony is going to get screwed for. Sony has already agreed to settle, so long as the settlement is considered fair, anyone who had the disk read error, the nasty blue disk problem etc, can get a shot at some money back from sony, a reduced cost repair, or a free game from a list that SECA designates.

Apparently not everyone was as impressed with this particular Michaelangelo as Kutaragi was. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha kick ass, I should throw my PC at the ground and have them repair it, its almost at the point of pure broken-ness.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They wouldn't fix your PC . . . it's a PS2 class action lawsuit, as in your PlayStation2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahaha, about time - even if the problem has been fixed in the later models.

I've still got my old PS2 that had the problem, unfortunatley I opened it up to fix the problem (which worked for a few extra months) so the warranty is void.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I have a PS2 with one of the serials listed, however i never tried to get mine repared, i think only one or two games gave me the disc cannot read error. Does that mean i'm not eligible? I also don't have a reciept :p But i do have the actual ps2... and possession is nine/tenths of the law right ?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom