Anyone know how much $$$ i gotta spend on this?

DMW

Best answers
I lack a pic cuz i lack a camera,but basically i have a widescreen tv with a plastic screen.The screen is now broken because of a projectile hitting it,On the lower right hand side(when looking at it) its missing a piece about the size of making 2 circles with my hands,which areant huge btw.The tv originally costs like 2000$ i think or somthing,i gotta ask my dad.But will repairing a fairly large crack in teh screen cost alot of money?

Annie

A
I honestly have no idea...depends who repairs it I guess. Wow, that post wasn't helpful at all ><

DMW

Best answers
ahh sry,the tv was 2000$.Sorry im being vague but i wish i could provide a picture.I got a webcam but it sucks so bad you'd just see the tv's outline,basically how much money does it generally cost(if you can answer) to repair a tv screen(widescreen in my case).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uncalled for, Spunky. Mood or no. Have a warning :warning: for flaming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I'm curious to hear what was hurtled accross the room...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
buy a new tv. the most expensive part of televisions is the screen (makes up about 85% of the price).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get it repaired, however go around getting some quotes first or if you still have warranty for a tv try to find a certified repairer from the manafacturer of the plasma tv itself. Some repair companies like to charge people stupid amounts of money just to repair a plasma screen tv, as I was watching some current affair program that was investigating repair matters concerning flat/plasma screen television sets a few weeks ago.

DMW

Best answers
Ok thanks for the help.And 85%! damn thats alotof money.Oh btw for those who wanna know what hit the screen,was a old baby moniter i threw.I wasnt aiming for the TV though,i was aiming for my dad.Yea i kind of have family issues atm.But thanks anyways.still 85%,i will be better off buying a new tv.

Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
Uncalled for, Spunky. Mood or no. Have a warning :warning: for flaming.
wtf? Is it just me, or is there something missing? Spunky didn't even post in this thread....

Or was it deleted?

@DMW - Family issues.... lol. Who doesn't bud. Oh, btw, how old is your tv, and is it still under warranty? I doubt it covers accidental damage, but you never know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
wtf? Is it just me, or is there something missing? Spunky didn't even post in this thread....

Or was it deleted?
Spunky deleted his own post after Karrde issued the warning.

DMW

Best answers
Hmmm the TV is about 3 years old,it is still under warranty and no it doesnt cover accedental damage sadly.I wish it did though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom