Anyone have KOTOR for PC and want to help me out?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought KOTOR 1 for the PC when it first came out. On my first computer, I got the blue screen of death pretty often. I figured it was just because my computer at the time sucked, no big deal, managed to play through the entire game. When I got my new computer, I installed it and again I had problems. It would crash and my character would get stuck in the same spot being unable to move, resulting in me having to reload the game. I also got this weird graphic bug (http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/231/newbitmapimagedo9.png)

You may be wondering why I'm posting this here instead of the official forums. Well, I tried that. I went through creating an account and was about to make my thread asking for help (Did a search of the forum, found nothing). Then it tells me I can't post unless I register my game... Problem being I need the manual or game box in order to do that, both of which I no longer have. So, would anyone want to help me out and give me the UPC listed on the game box or in the manual so I can finally make a thread to see if my problem can be fixed.

Buggiest game I've ever bought btw.

Short of that, if anyone knows how to fix that problem, that'd be cool too. I have the latest patch, specs are much higher than they need to be to play the game (Geforce 7800 vid card, 2 gigs of ram, AMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor)...

Best answers
Btw, this is not piracy to anyone who may assume so. He's not asking for a cd key.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I want is to be able to post on their forums. It's absurd that I need to register the game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I want is to be able to post on their forums. It's absurd that I need to register the game.
Well, not really. You can kinda see why they'd do that. But it's still annoying as hell.

Anyways, I've never played KOTOR, or I'd try to help you. My only advice would be to find a fansite and try asking there. That's probably the closest you're going to get to support, unless someone else here knows the answer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the black texture thing is usually down to the game not being able to call the texture sheet it's after, which makes me think your installation was borked... however if it's not the first time it's happened, then i dunno what to suggest.

this might sound dodgy, but if you have the cd's i don't see the harm. have you tried downloading it elsewhere and installing it from that?

ps. wtf is a UPC?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As Onslaught said (and good advice btw), try downloading it. If you do own the game like you say you do, then you also own the rights to the game, and thus can legally download it for "backup" purposes. As long as you don't upload it to others while you download it, there's no crime.

I would only try Onslaught's advice if you don't find the answer on a fansite somewhere though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's on the bottom of the box: 23272 31918

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's on the bottom of the box: 23272 31918
That's missing either the first number, the last number, or both. Anyways, I'ma try downloading it and hopefully that works...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's missing either the first number, the last number, or both. Anyways, I'ma try downloading it and hopefully that works...
There was a 0 off to the front, and a 2 a ways back from the end. I figured they weren't part of the code.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alrighty, I managed to make a thread on the forum. One of the guys there showed me how to fix all the graphical errors I've been getting, but my character will still get stuck in place resulting in me having to reload the game.

Anyway, a mod can close this if they want. Thanks for all the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom