Anyone got bots to work?

Best answers
I need help on how to install bots cause the threads say just read the instructions and I tried to follow them...I've move the files over but when They say go to Liblist and change the name to the mod name but it says esf_bots and it doesn't work and I tried changing it to esf didn't work either...so yea I need some help....Thank you

Best answers
make the liblist file look like this:

// Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"

version "Beta 1"
size "160000000"
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
//gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"
gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"

then when you make a lan game just open the console and type "addbot" should work...

~RAGE

Best answers
nope didn't work...i changed that and put esf-bot.dl...thing into the dll folder and went to my cs icon and typed in -game esf and tried press ~ and addbot but nothing

Best answers
The bots work for me... Have you read the readme. That solved all my problems I first had, but yah make sure you get rid of the "//" at the start of the line u need to activate. "//" in most coding languages means to de-activate...

Best answers
they work fine if u read the readme.... plus the bots are real ****ing dum!! they shoot their team mates and cant notice when someone is behind them meeleeing their ass off

Best answers
um...i did...read the readme..but it mentions nothing about taking the "//" off...but I'll try..thanks for the help though..

Best answers
Also shadow for some reason noone explains how to make a proper shortcut to ESF. You have to make your own shortcut to ESF to enable the console... You can make a new shortcut, or you can edit a copy of you HALF LIFE shortcut and make sure it says this next to target ...

D:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game esf -console

now where it says D:/ usually games are installed on the C:/ so just change the D to a C if it applys to you..... GL

~RAGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom