Anyone enjoy writing?

Annie

A
If so...what genre do you prefer writing about? supernatural? fantasy? horror? other?

Working on any projects at the moment? novel? short story? poems?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I write poetry time to time.

No stories though, I have made them but that was a looooong time ago.

Best answers
I used to love writing. Short stories, or even just descriptive writing for school lessons, I really enjoyed it. It's been a long time since I've had the will or inspiration to write anything though. I have been trying to get back into it, but with little luck. I've either got too much on my mind, or too little, rarely a good balance.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer reading over writing, but sure. I enjoy it from time to time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im doing a short story as a school project, i dont think i do any of those if it werenn't towards school, personally id rather do something else :eek:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wrote a 9-page sci-fi story last week.

Also, I love writing fantasy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm working on a comic right now. I've got the storyline all mapped out, only drawback is that I can't draw. >_<

Annie

A
I'm almost done with a story I've been working on...*excited* once I reach 50,000 words I shall considered it done...well not really cause then comes editing and filling in plot holes...and all that fun stuff

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love writing, just not serious books and stuff. I usually do it for school, if we got an essay or something, but when we do, it's the funnest thing to do :D (once i get started, i cant stop :x)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoy writing Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy. I prefer the short story to the full length novel, mainly due to it's flexability and direct nature. Though serials can be fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to write hilarious Megaman fanfics. :p

Nowadays though, I just roleplay. I love developing my character and pitting him against foes of great strength. :3

Best answers
Writing is something I love to do, but somehow I don't get any ideas on what to write.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I like to write but I suck. (at writing)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't love writing, but I write when I get a good idea for something to write about. Usually plots and concepts for video games - I have a huge notebook in which I write random ideas. Though I've never hammered any out into complete stories yet, I plan to eventually.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ever get a freeform writing assignment, it's usually poetry or a supernatural themed story.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fan Fiction writer. But thankfully not in creepy ways. I play PBeM RPGs and forum based RPGs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almost all of my life is writing, in some way shape or form.

The main thing I am working on now is the final rewrite of the very first story I ever wrote. It's called Conflict, and it is about a huge war that takes place several thousand years in the future, after humankind has spread across the universe. It really has a lot more layers then that so I can't really sum it up, but that is the very vague gist of it.

Other novels/storylines I have planned or have been working on:
One Big Lie - A young boy lives a miserable life in a small town until one day he is hit by a car. A piece of windshield glass stabs him in the back of the neck but miraculously doesn't sever his spinal column. He is in a coma for a long time, but once he wakes up he dicsovers he can read and influence the thoughts of others. At first it's sporadic, but as time goes on, he is able to go deeper and do more, until eventually he can perform telekinesis and listen to thoughts at will. He decides to keep his abilities secret, and returns to his hometown and reintegrates himself in with the people he was friends with--but they've all changed and he can barely stand it. Eventually he starts to realize that almost every human being he comes into contact is lying through their teeth about something, and he begins to use his powers recklessly as time wears on and he is driven more to edge of insanity.
The Learning Tree - An average 35-year-old man wakes up one day and decides that people need to be educated about consequences. He leaves his house and family one day, never to return, and just drives across the country. He encounters people who are jerks, the way we all do every day, but instead of going on his way, he kills them with his only position, a single solitary handgun. Eventually he is apprehended and sentenced to life in prison due to the fact he is caught in a state without the death penalty. While there he is forced to attend counseling with a young psychologist who, once she hears his side of the story, is horrified to find herself believing he may not have been so wrong to do what he did after all.
Wayward - This is a fantasy story that is also an autobiography of my life. The concept is that there are two worlds--one Above, and one Beneath. Each of us is linked to a truer self in the World Beneath, and as the story goes, I am linked to someone charged with keeping the balance of all things level, as the long-dead old gods still linger in the air. Ego Sorrow and Envy spawn a variety of villains and trials to defeat this singular man--who's strength is relative to my state of mind--but he is undaunted as he travels throughout his world to set right things that the old gods have sent wrong.
NeoForce - A comic book storyline I invented when I was about 14. It is really good so I wanted to keep it going. Basically, imagine X-Men on the scale of Dragonball Z; that is pretty much what it was.

There's tons more, too. I was born to write.

Annie

A
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Almost all of my life is writing, in some way shape or form.

The main thing I am working on now is the final rewrite of the very first story I ever wrote. It's called Conflict, and it is about a huge war that takes place several thousand years in the future, after humankind has spread across the universe. It really has a lot more layers then that so I can't really sum it up, but that is the very vague gist of it.

Other novels/storylines I have planned or have been working on:
One Big Lie - A young boy lives a miserable life in a small town until one day he is hit by a car. A piece of windshield glass stabs him in the back of the neck but miraculously doesn't sever his spinal column. He is in a coma for a long time, but once he wakes up he dicsovers he can read and influence the thoughts of others. At first it's sporadic, but as time goes on, he is able to go deeper and do more, until eventually he can perform telekinesis and listen to thoughts at will. He decides to keep his abilities secret, and returns to his hometown and reintegrates himself in with the people he was friends with--but they've all changed and he can barely stand it. Eventually he starts to realize that almost every human being he comes into contact is lying through their teeth about something, and he begins to use his powers recklessly as time wears on and he is driven more to edge of insanity.
The Learning Tree - An average 35-year-old man wakes up one day and decides that people need to be educated about consequences. He leaves his house and family one day, never to return, and just drives across the country. He encounters people who are jerks, the way we all do every day, but instead of going on his way, he kills them with his only position, a single solitary handgun. Eventually he is apprehended and sentenced to life in prison due to the fact he is caught in a state without the death penalty. While there he is forced to attend counseling with a young psychologist who, once she hears his side of the story, is horrified to find herself believing he may not have been so wrong to do what he did after all.
Wayward - This is a fantasy story that is also an autobiography of my life. The concept is that there are two worlds--one Above, and one Beneath. Each of us is linked to a truer self in the World Beneath, and as the story goes, I am linked to someone charged with keeping the balance of all things level, as the long-dead old gods still linger in the air. Ego Sorrow and Envy spawn a variety of villains and trials to defeat this singular man--who's strength is relative to my state of mind--but he is undaunted as he travels throughout his world to set right things that the old gods have sent wrong.
NeoForce - A comic book storyline I invented when I was about 14. It is really good so I wanted to keep it going. Basically, imagine X-Men on the scale of Dragonball Z; that is pretty much what it was.

There's tons more, too. I was born to write.
Sweet! Those all sound awesome! Have you ever heard of fictionpress.com? you can post stuff there and get comments about your stories...I use it alot to get suggestions for my writings

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
On top of various Fan-Fic stories I really ought to work on, I'm currently riding on one 'Sorta-Fantasy' novel that's broken the 175 page-limit.. and that really should be moving at the moment. Maybe I'll work on it when I get home..

More practice than anything else, but such is life.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom