Any recommendations?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been a while since I've seen one of these threads but I truly need some recommendations.

I'd prefer something in the span of around 26 episodes or less and already completed, I hate it when a series gets canceled and FMA:BH and Detective Conan are enough for me right now.

Unless the plot differs greatly between the manga and anime of the series, I'd rather not see/read something that I've already done so in another medium. I'm OK with GTO/FMA like splits though.

These might prove helpful;

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dokutayuu
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Dokutayuu

Thanks in advance!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say Claymore: The countryside and towns are in terror as their inhabitants are devoured by the "yoma", powerful demons who can disguise themselves perfectly as humans. The only ones capable of recognizing and defeating these demons are the so-called "Claymore", silver-eyed warriors who are half-human and half-yoma. But their origin also makes the Claymore objects of fear and distrust for the villagers.

Young Raki has lost his family to a yoma who infiltrated his village, who is in turn eliminated by the Claymore Clare. Fearing that his contact with the Yoma might have transformed him into another monster, the villagers expel Raki who now joins Clare as her cook, following her in her travels as she fights against the yoma.
Anime is 26 episodes.

And Fate/Stay Night: Emiya Shirou is the son of a magician long dead. Dabbling with little magic, he has managed to survive so far without a problem, until one day he witnesses a combat between two men with mystical powers. Shirou gets chased by one of them, who is attempting to eliminate him, but the sudden appearance of a swordswoman stops the attacker. Now he is part of the quest for the holy grail, a magical artifact sought by magicians and their magical servants. Anime is also 26 episodes IIRC.

If you are into some quirky humor/action/mech animes, I'd also have to recommend Full Metal Panic (no relation to FMA), it's longer and has some sequels(Theres FMP (24 episodes), FMP: Fumoffu? (Spin off series, 12 episodes), FMP: The Second Raid (13 episodes))

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll take a look into those three. Those blurbs have made me pretty curious ^^.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
How about Rave.

Anime adaption has 51 episodes but leaves you haging since they didnt finish the story, so i suggest you read the manga. Its a clasic good VS bad shounen with music refferences for names and stuff and the story aint half bad eather.

As for anime:

Tears to Tiara.

Follows the story of a tribe fighting for independence from the empire and they get the help of "The deamon King" Nice animations and frame rate to. Allso has quite a fair share of action. Ofcourse there is allso some mythic and magic stuff going on. Its really good for a game port :p

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Watch Goldenboy.

Not 26 episodes. Only 6 episodes, but it is worth it. Very moving and humorous.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh another one that i forgot :p

Gungrave: Storry follows 2 friends and their striggle with the local mafia aswell as betwean themselvs.

Allso i saw you didnt watch Black Lagoon and that my friend is a crime in itself ^^

Best answers
Try to Code Geass, it's like Death Note but with real action and some fight. But of course you should read Berserk, it's really AWSOME

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to Code Geass, it's like Death Note but with real action and some fight. But of course you should read Berserk, it's really AWSOME
Almost finishing first series of Code Geass and i recommend it as well. Great story and action. :)
Oh yeah, and sorry for writing in your thread Dokutayuu. :fight:

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Berserk, Madlax, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Hellsing, and Elfen Lied.

There's definitely more to watch, but those should keep you busy for a while.

Edit: I completely forgot about 07 Ghost.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm about half-way through Claymore. I'm finding the mix of action and character development fantastic, there's even the manga to start reading afterwards. I really like plot splits between anime and manga of the same series.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm watching Claymore as well. I like it. :)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ergo Proxy is definitely a good series. It's kind of hard to describe, but basically you've got a beat cop with her automaton discovering a huge conspiracy going on in their domed "utopia." It's got a bit of a philosophical edge to it as well, though nothing exceedingly hard to swallow. It's actually kind of fun finding just which philosopher/philosophy the different characters/episode titles reference. Made by the same people who did Witch Hunter Robin.

And on that note, Witch Hunter Robin is a decent series as well.
Robin, a girl with pyromantic abilities, joins up with a squad trained to take down witches.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The new Guyver series was pretty cool.

Fist of the North Star was a great classic series if you've never seen it.

Get Backers was an interesting one, although there was one saga that went on forever.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The getbackers is an unfinished anime. It splits off from the manga in the final saga and ends prematurely :(

And i have the same feeling about Ergo Proxy.

Another good thing to watch is Persona: Trinity Soul or Trinity Blood.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Youre probably the first person Ive encountered thats already familiar with Get Backers =P

I never read it, but I enjoyed the series.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Youre probably the first person Ive encountered thats already familiar with Get Backers =P

I never read it, but I enjoyed the series.
Heh ive been searching for a manga for about a year now. The anime left me kinda disapointed in the end.

"Well be back cound on it" i mean WTF >.<

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the end was kind of anticlimactic, but the ride was fun =)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the end was kind of anticlimactic, but the ride was fun =)
Thats just it. It wasnt the end. The manga goes beyond that point.

Another such great anime is Groove adventure Rave. With one difference. I actually found a manga to go beyond the anime ^^

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm watching Claymore as well. I like it. :)
I've just finished Claymore.

It gave one of those "could continue but didn't" endings.

I think I'll start reading the manga, I'll also start working through some of the other stuff in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom