Any news on the Japanese sound pack?

Best answers
Any news on the Jap sound pack? One of the team members mentioned it in his journal & you can hear it in one of the prerelease video clips of gohan doing a kamehameha.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes there is a jap pack on the way. The exact time it will be released, I do not know.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ehm, can i ask why jap sound pack? i like english MUTCH better!

Best answers
maby he likes those 4 year old voice-overs? Or owns all the jap versions of the episodes and isn't used to the reg voices :devsmile:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people just prefer the Japanese voices over the English (American) version voices. You gotta admit though, some of the attacks just sound better in Japanese. Take for instance Special Beam Cannon, Makakosappo kinda sounds better, atleast I think so. :D

Best answers
First off, the English Version Butchered this series to a Happy Go lucky Yu Gi Oh Pokemon Martial arts Power Ranger appeal as opposed to the fantasy Brutal combat wit vulgar language and hilarious antics that akira toriyama intended it to be
Masenko was turned into a grunt or scream
MAkankosappo *Demonic Deathwind is the translation
To all True DBZ fans is better than that "Special Beam cannon"
but then again it is "SpeciaL" LoL
Kamehameha well they say Kahmayamaya
Does anyone know what Kahmayamaya is? its a friggin Hawaiian word! Ka Mee Ha mee Ha is the pronunciation,
"Funimation: ooh lookit that's goku's attack, isnt that hawaiian?"
Akira Toriyama Created a great masterpiece, Americans Though it was necessary, butchered this and hit it wit the 5 year old "happy stick"

Best answers
i just care about the quality of the sound , it is quite crap with crap quality tho isn't it?? :]

Best answers
dats obviously 1 of the reasond his taking his time :S
plus some people wont dat jap pak more dan da english 1 soo no1 really cares if u like it better or not...

umm i have a question though.. will the jap pack include the different transformation music???

Best answers
If u noticed the "transformation music" isn't mixed together wit the Groaning by the Mod development team.
Its clipped directly from the English version of the show
Hence the DBZ japanese pack will have the same concept
so Yes

Best answers
Originally posted by [TITAN]Omega
First off, the English Version Butchered this series to a Happy Go lucky Yu Gi Oh Pokemon Martial arts Power Ranger appeal as opposed to the fantasy Brutal combat wit vulgar language and hilarious antics that akira toriyama intended it to be
I'm glad someone else thinks so. I was looking to recommend there be an option or sound replacements for the Japanese voices/music, but I noticed zero people even bringing it up, that is, until I saw this. I agree entirely, and although I think the ESF team did a decent job making the dub voices and music during the transformations -somewhat- tolerable, nothing would compare to seeing Gohan turn SSJ2 in-game while "Unmei no Hi" plays in the background. Ah well, I hope this doesn't get passed over. I'll be looking forward to it. Though if it does get blown over, I'll just have to bust out Goldwave, find sound cuts from the series, and choriograph with the songs I've gotten back so far (Been out of the whole DBZ phase for some years, but between the update to this and then DBZ Budokai, they've got me obsessed once again. :] )

Best answers
"Been out of the whole DBZ phase for some years, but between the update to this and then DBZ Budokai, they've got me obsessed once again."

haha, same here, just replace Budokai with BFP :p

I'm also hoping for a japanese sound pack, though I'd do my own if I was confident of the quality, and had the software to do so ;)

Best answers
Originally posted by Gunslinger
maby he likes those 4 year old voice-overs? Or owns all the jap versions of the episodes and isn't used to the reg voices :devsmile:
Umm, are you saying english are the regular voices? *cough* Japanese version is the original version ... can't get much more regular than that, now can you? :(

Best answers
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Umm, are you saying english are the regular voices? *cough* Japanese version is the original version ... can't get much more regular than that, now can you? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom