Any Mods to make ESF work?

Best answers
Any Mods to make ESF work on CS 1.6 that comes with the CZ pack?
Its such a waste of download with such a big file and it functions only on Half Life and not on CS 1.6 from CZ. Really, if only I had read any warnings before I donwloaded it, it would save me time and hassles. Such a big disappointment though, to know that it only works with half life, when I even love to play mods for cs, especially playing Dragon Ball on CS! Its quite different having those powers in hero mod, and it would be awesome to have it as a game (bots and stuff). Wish there would be any fixes or modifications to make it work on CS 1.6 (from CZ). sigh...... :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that's just the way it is.

It's not like there aren't any warnings. For one; did you ever ask? And secondly, there's stickies here with installation info. And then there's the forum's search function.

You can't always expect people to come to you. Sometimes you have to think ahead and do a little research before you try something new.

Best answers
yes i know, but to think of exitement especially with this cool mod, who would think that this would not work with a regular installation. I sure hope though that you guys at ESF would sympathize on those poor little chikens (cs fans) including me that would love to play this mod, sorry for the disappoinment though, its just my frustrations. I sure hope though that one days, all well be ok either on Half Life or in CS (CZ "version"). Really I almost cried knowing that it cannot be played on those CZ users. But anyway keep up the good work :) ..... but still :( sigh I really need a hug right now....

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Sorry, friend, but the only advice I can offer you is to pick up a cheap copy of the original Half-Life. They're in bargain bins across the world for 1/4 the original cost. Just keep an eye out and you'll be fine.

As for ESF eventually coming to the CZ version of CS.. don't hold your breath or anything.

Best answers
THANK GOD, hoping for its release. Anyway, what do they have to do in order to make it work with other mods? (just wonderen) Well, basically CS 1.6 (free from CZ) is not that far off from the Half Life version, to come to think of it, they're almost the same, except for some models and sprites etc. What does that makes it a problem when installing ESF in CS 1.6 (from CZ)? Hope you can clear that out. Thanx, to all CZ owners, we just have to wait, we are all hoping for the "miracle" release. :) what a relief :D

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Clearly I was too subtle..

You can not use the CZ version of 1.6 to play Half-Life Modifications. There is nothing you can do. Give up on this.

I'm not sure what the techincal reason is for this, there are others on this forum who understand it much better than I, but I do know that it's impossible.

Best answers
I know it cannot be use either on CZ or on the CS 1.6 (free from CZ). That's what the disappoinment was all about. What I was tryin to say is that, "Good thing they're planning on CZ as what you have said (As for ESF eventually coming to the CZ version of CS.. don't hold your breath or anything.) I've gave up on it and deleted the file, can you just imagine how long I've downloaded that thing using a modem! Man! But anyways, I hope they're planning on creating a version for CZ or CS 1.6 (free from CZ). Will be waiting for it, till then, what a sad sad story, one question, are you ready to give me a hug? waaaaahhhhhhh! :D, thanks for the info.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basicly the CS from CZ has less files than the CS from HL.

Shure its the same game and even the same version of the game. But the files that are necesary to run HL mods on CZ are missing. So if the team wanted to make the game work on CZ they would first have to remake the entire ESF core so it could work without those files. The engine is the same but the fileusage is difrent.

Why do you think you dont get CZ along with HL.

So to say they cant without recreating half the game.

Best answers
Man! that's too bad, I guess it would take alot of time to have this remake, I know they're different, and yes its there file usage, thank you for that, but that's all there is to it, mostly scripting, that is if I'm right. Maybe a scripting miracle would make it work? I donno. Or a few modifications. (you know some shortcuts). Heck, they're able to make it work with CS borrowing files from CZ, then I guess it would be just as the same process in the remake of ESF for CZ and etc., would you think those guys at ESF team would have a remake on this? You know for CS and CZ issues.

Best answers
or any patches from the ESF team? sorry for the double post. will not happen again

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy CZ was designed after CS. Basicly CS needs the core of HL and some files to function. And they made CZ with the HL core and just the files needed. So basicly the CS is teh same. But while downloading it from STEAM or instaling it. You get more/less files depending on the pacage you have. The way the HL core works in CZ is difrent than the way it does with HL itself. thats why you cant play moast mods on CZ (if any i heared of no mod that works for CZ but i dont know to muth about the mods XD)

Best answers
well mostly amxmodx mods works, but it could have ESF as my favorite mod if only I could play it, but I can't due to this issues. Bad luck I guess, ESF has been up for three years now and they should think of solving these issues, very important issues, especially that CS 1.6 had withstand the popularity rate over Source, most players would turn to this mod or any other such cool mods that will add up the flavor of the true CS experience. Resolving such issues would gain more fanatics and thus popularity.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kenchi said:
Bad luck I guess, ESF has been up for three years now and they should think of solving these issues, very important issues, especially that CS 1.6 had withstand the popularity rate over Source, most players would turn to this mod or any other such cool mods that will add up the flavor of the true CS experience.
Actualy ESF is older than 5 years or was it 6. Not shure.

In any case ESF is the number 1 rated modification on mod database. And that is a lot.

The issues you are talking about arnt that big actualy. ESF is made for the HL 1 engine. So it works for HL1 only. So basicly if you want to play than buy HL its cheep theese days since its very old.

And since 1.3 will probably be the last version. there is no point in changing that. As for Source. ESF will never go to source. Stated lots of times.

And the fanbase of CS has nothing to do with this game. (im getting busted for this part) And since i know how moast of the people that come from CS to ESF act. It would be a not so good thing. Since ESF requires a lot of skill to be good at. If you come to ESF and dont get that into your head you get torn to shreads in the servers. After that people start to insult call evryone cheeters and that leads to problems. Heck ive been banned form lots of servers just cause i killed the noob admin who thought hes the best in this game. Lets face the fact that CS has a lot of 6 year-old noobs who think they can do what they want.

Just something i had to get off my mind.

(waits for warning for turning this into a ESF VS CS post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom