Best answers
Could someone PLEASE make me a map that's basically one GIGANTIC cube. the skybox can be space, with stars and stuff, the lighting can be done however you like. I'd like it to have some asteroids, that explode also, yet, dont make them explode from tiny things, (if possible) try to make it so the asteroids can take more and more dmg depending on their size. Anyways, this would be a great help, (and btw) dont load it up with TOO many asteroids, as this level is mainly meant for HUGE beam battles and melee would go good with the asteroids. You could even make a large asteroid that you can walk on (about as wide as the Cell Games arena platform square) This would be really appreciated. Could someone please attempt doing this? It wouldnt be hard, just a huge cube, a spacey background, some asteroids, and a whole lot of fun :) Oh ya, 2 more things, dont make it so you lose health in space, cuz then it wouldnt be as fun, and also, remember, the bigger, the better. So can anyone help me out here?

Best answers
Wow the people on this forum sure are nice! :rolleyes: Geeze I asked for a simple favor, If I could learn how to make it myself I would, but I'm too busy with sports and what-not. And I didnt ask if someone COULDNT help me, so how about you dont reply since you probobly cant make maps anyways. Now, if someone could please assist me, i'd be most grateful, thankyou :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DBF_SuperSaiyan
Wow the people on this forum sure are nice! :rolleyes: Geeze I asked for a simple favor, If I could learn how to make it myself I would, but I'm too busy with sports and what-not. And I didnt ask if someone COULDNT help me, so how about you dont reply since you probobly cant make maps anyways. Now, if someone could please assist me, i'd be most grateful, thankyou :)

umm...You require to much.If you want all this made might as well find some time off someday and try to learn how to map.Or atleast give a reason why you want this map

Best answers
Fine, then I go back to my original request, Could someone make me a gigantic box to fight in, with a space background, and that's it? (with maybe like a tiny platform somewhere with acouple senzus on it? That'd take an experianced mapper like 5 minutes if it's the same as making a map for other games, I make maps for some other games, like Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight II, but HL is different and im un-aware of how to do it, so if someone could just make a HUGE HUGE box for me, with spacey background, i'd be grateful, thanks :yes: :]

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12610

That will give you the basics for setting up world craft. There's also a wider variety of guides on how to make maps. You should be able to make a wide open space map just fine by looking at a simple tutorial because you're not making anything that requires any advanced WC knowlege.

Anyway, I'll leave this open in case someone decides to make the map.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay the reason (well at least for me) that I (and maybe other people) are not doing this because asteroids involve spheres, and let me tell you in my experience spheres are... well really hard. I cannot seem to be able to make one without leaks but I don't know why because it doesn't look like it leaks in WorldCraft. Anyways if you try sphereing you will know what I mean :D.

Best answers
asteroids are random shapes, not spheres, infact, it'd be rare to find a sphere asteroid, they're not smooth, they're jagged and boxy. Also, I said u didnt even HAVE to make asteroids, just a gigantic space box would be good too, but i would like it big or it wouldnt fit my point. It'd be cool to have it HUGE space, like 3x the size of Cell Games Day

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Making asteroids would still require a large ammount of vertex manipulation and face splitting...trust me, sitting down in front of a computer and doing that stuff isn't very fun...at all.
If you want to just create basically a huge box map, then get Worldcraft, and learn how to do just that.
Making that map would take you no longer than 5 minutes, and you could tweak it all you wished instead of having to tell a mapper over the internet everything you did and didn't want in it.
If you have any interest in mapping at all, I implore you, look into it. It may not be easy, and it may not always be an incredibly fun time when you have to do things such as make asteroids. But it is rewarding and worth the effort if you plan on doing anything in three-dimensional design later in your life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, WorldCraft can't make PERFECT spheres they are kind blocky because you have to make them with a combination of shapes (that was what I was told). You make them with cones and cylinders. It is not the making the shape of a sphere thats hard, it is making the verticies line up to have no leaks, and it is HARD. Well for a new mapper like me, and I would think it is still challenging for good mappers. It seems like you have them ligned up but when you compile it :no:. You should learn to map and try it yourself and see how hard it is :D.

Best answers
indeed, making pheres is not easy for new mappers!!!
anyway, vertex manipulation can lead to bad errors in the map, when you dont know how to handle with it,
so you should first read a tutorial on that.
but I wouldnt use pheres for asteroids!!! asteroids are no huge balls!
I would do that with the clipping tool, that would look much better.

Best answers
i thought of making a map like that. asteroids would be like giant rocks and stone but dark coloured... just go into youre garden and use the rocks and stones there for guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom