Any interesting & free way to excercise which i won't forget about the next day?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
.... Is there?

I'm not fat, just out of shape. I play basketball but aside from that i don't really do much. I can like barely do 15 pushups and 40 situps which is really really really lame to what i used to.
I'm not financially stable enough to afford a gym membership and i am quite forgetful so i don't really stick to schedules unless it's something so unforgettable that i will absolutely remember.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Run. jog. take a half our walk etc. Just burn more calories than what you consume per day and you'll shape up

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No matter what you do, you should stretch. Daily.

What is your goal or motivation for this? There are a lot of things you can do, but if it's to just be in shape, well, that means different things to different people. Some people consider being in shape to mean that they can lift really heavy objects, others consider it to be that they can run really far, or whatever. You need to think about what your motivation is for this and pick stuff based off of that.

Anyway, there's a lot of things you can do. Simplefit is a program I know which is popular and can be done at your house without any equipment. You can do burpees. You can also check out this site for some tutorials on how to do different exercises. If you want to run, there is no better way to start than by following the couch to 5k program. You could also get a bike and go biking, and swimming is surprisingly good for you, too. If you want to spend 10 dollars, you can also check out this book.

I personally run and do some exercises related to that, but that's about it.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Believe it or not, I still use my Wii fit. Its fun and easy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're really out of shape, just follow "onehundredpushups" and "twohundredsitups", and you'll get there in a couple of months. And don't listen to Sub, stretching is unwise for getting stronger and fitter. It's good if you need the flexibility, stupid otherwise.

Running has already been mentioned. Or you could hire Zeo as your personal trainer.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lifting weights for endurance is also really helpful, i drift through 15kg each arm but do as many reps as possible, because when you lift weights it absorbs the fat around the muscles to gain muscle weight, therefore you slim down. also yes, run and jog. even walk. remember losing weight is 90% diet 10% excersise

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're really out of shape, just follow "onehundredpushups" and "twohundredsitups", and you'll get there in a couple of months. And don't listen to Sub, stretching is unwise for getting stronger and fitter. It's good if you need the flexibility, stupid otherwise.

Running has already been mentioned. Or you could hire Zeo as your personal trainer.
Yeah, no. Pushups are awesome, but if that's all you're going to do, you're going to run into problems due to one group of muscles being significantly stronger than their surrounding muscles. It's also going to make your arms look weird, quite frankly.

As far as stretching goes, do it. Mobility is important if you want to be fit. Besides, wtf, stretching is not going to prevent you from becoming the hulk if that is your goal, but I firmly believe it will prevent injury not just in the short term, but in the long term preventing **** like back problems.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you lift weights it absorbs the fat around the muscles to gain muscle weight, therefore you slim down.
This statement is untrue. As with *all* chemical processes, living or not, it is about net change of energy, not absolute energy. Your body will absorb fat from everywhere in your body if it hasn't got enough from the blood and the glycogen storage, and the concept of "burning fat where you exercise" is outdated, and belongs with all the other pseudo-scientific workout claims. Whereas losing weight can be done through exercise, you'll get in better shape, faster, if you don't diet while you're at it. As I've stated in other threads, restitution and getting enough protein is most important to getting fit (second to working out in some way).

That reminds me though, my weight set is way too light. They don't sell heavy enough weights in normal sporting goods stores here, so I'll have to order online. Goddamn 15 kg sets, only letting me compose a single 12 kg weight.

As far as stretching goes, do it. Mobility is important if you want to be fit. Besides, wtf, stretching is not going to prevent you from becoming the hulk if that is your goal.
The few professional martial artists and athletes I know avoid stretching as much as they can. Once they have the required flexibility, they stop stretching. Why? Because they lose a whole ton of strength doing it, and it's not even that advantageous.

I take it you do strip teases and gymnastics on your free time, since you have such a need for stretching. If you want performance, you should stretch a bare minimum.

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
whats the max weights you can buy where you live?
oh okay thats just what my friend said, hes a personal trainer. i might have heard him wrong.
hes on a paleo diet, nothing but steak everynight and vegetables. and chicken for protein. also eggs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I told you, max weights (manuals) I can buy is a set with two manuals summing up to 15 kg. If I max out one of the manuals I get around 12 kg on it. Which isn't really enough. I'll have to order something better online.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This statement is untrue. As with *all* chemical processes, living or not, it is about net change of energy, not absolute energy. Your body will absorb fat from everywhere in your body if it hasn't got enough from the blood and the glycogen storage, and the concept of "burning fat where you exercise" is outdated, and belongs with all the other pseudo-scientific workout claims. Whereas losing weight can be done through exercise, you'll get in better shape, faster, if you don't diet while you're at it. As I've stated in other threads, restitution and getting enough protein is most important to getting fit (second to working out in some way).

That reminds me though, my weight set is way too light. They don't sell heavy enough weights in normal sporting goods stores here, so I'll have to order online. Goddamn 15 kg sets, only letting me compose a single 12 kg weight.

The few professional martial artists and athletes I know avoid stretching as much as they can. Once they have the required flexibility, they stop stretching. Why? Because they lose a whole ton of strength doing it, and it's not even that advantageous.

I take it you do strip teases and gymnastics on your free time, since you have such a need for stretching. If you want performance, you should stretch a bare minimum.
Stretching has its place in warm ups, and helps prevent stiffness when done after a workout. If you stop stretching all together, you will lose that flexability over time. This comes from someone who has lost flexability over time, while I can still kick over my head, I can't kick as high as I used to. Additionally, I have hurt muscles not stretching and going into kicking routines cold.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I sometimes think you like to argue for the sake of arguing. What I said isn't meant for professional athletes, it's meant for the average person who I maintain should have a stretching routine. Especially if that someone takes up something such as running, where they might want to go a step further and get a foam roller.

I also have my doubts about stretching not being good for professional martial artists, but I'm not going to argue about that.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not a professional athlete, so I do yoga on my off days. My lower back thanks me every day.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i don't have any weights and everything seems pretty costly when you're a college student.

My goal is to increase my overall stamina and perhaps later on to work on my leg power and vertical leap since it's kind of embarrassing not being able to reach the hoop with my height. Sure i'd like to have defined muscles in the future but i'll take what i can.

Basically i'm looking for something which is easy to keep a schedule of which i won't forget, and without any peripherals.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Xbox - Kinect and some sport games? :eek:

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Climb up and down stairs when you get the chance. Easiest to remember and effective to boot.

Most Uni's are basically built with stairs, so with a little bit of resolve, you could travel to classes and stay fit at the same time. Mine is kinda like that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do squats or squat jumps.
Your routine starts with: stand, squat, sit down, lie down, sit down, squat, jump. repeat.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to increase your stamina, run. I know you said you don't want to follow any schedule, but couch to 5k is the best way to start off. You'd have to put in a slight amount of effort to follow the program, but if you want to succeed, it's worth it. You work your way up to being able to run 3 miles in 2 months, and because of the gradual nature in which you're increasing how much you run, you're not going to feel like it's torturing you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom