Any interesting & free way to excercise which i won't forget about the next day?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That seems interesting. I'll definitely try that.

If you want to increase your stamina, run. I know you said you don't want to follow any schedule, but couch to 5k is the best way to start off. You'd have to put in a slight amount of effort to follow the program, but if you want to succeed, it's worth it. You work your way up to being able to run 3 miles in 2 months, and because of the gradual nature in which you're increasing how much you run, you're not going to feel like it's torturing you,
Well i knew running was an obvious answer. I do however need to change my bio-clock so i can wake up at around 5AM otherwise i'm screwed. The sultriness after around 9-10 AM becomes almost unbearable. Hell none of my friends want to play basketball due to the heat and it makes me sweat just from practicing my shot.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What kind of shape are you trying to get into? Do you just want to play basketball, do you want to be able to run far, do you want to be able to defend yourself, etc. I dont know what, "I want to be in shape" means. The kind of training you do depends on the kind of functionality you require for a specific purpose.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Wasn't there another topic like that someone else posted?

Anyways, MrPlow, I agree with Preator and Avanger (except the part about stretching; the world's strongest strongman frequently stretches, also, martial artists, proffesional athleates etc. are required to stretch before (or preferably) after the exercise to loosen the muscles and hasten healing/repearing & prevent possible injury).

With that said, the only thing you need is the basics:

There are broadly two types of exercises: Aerobic and Anaerobic

Aerobic exercises train the cardiovascular system, namely heart and lungs and plain increase stamina. Physically this burns fat and muscle mass. When you burn fat, muscle comes into view. To prevent muscle from burning, insert proteins here.
-----
Aerobics then again break down into two types: long term endurence or short term explosivness, power and speed (marathons vs sprints, for example)
I recomend sprints over endurance (long term) running since you are expanding your heart, which makes it more powerfull and brings health benefits as well. This also burns more fat thus further shaping up your body. Alternatilvey, you can also add more endurance running if you do any specific sports that requires it.

Anaerobic workouts deal with improving the muscle mass. Again, it breakes down into two broad catagories:
-----
Maximum strenght training: this puts on muscle mass, expanding your muscles (also defining them) and enables you too lift heavy objects. This training requires low repetition and heavy lifting.

Strenght endurance training: this trains the already existent muscle cells without multiplying them (much) and enables you to endure many repetitions at low weight. This training requires light - moderate weights or bodyweight and increasing repetition count.

You can combine both types of strenght trainings & aerobic regimens if you so wish.

To support all of these, you need first and foremost a good nutrition plan and 8 hours of sleep a day.

Simple and right to the point. Now, I know you were probably looking for some programs, but I think it's best if you find that for yourself (from a coach, the net, etc...) that suits your needs, although I have one that might suit you:

http://www.fightauthority.com/martial-arts-topics/training-your-body/mma-strength-workout/

Programs for MMA fighters. Personaly I don't do MMA that much yet, but these programs come in well for cardio and muscle mass/endurance and cutting fat (which is in simple terms, shaping up your body).

That's all I have, hope it helps.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What kind of shape are you trying to get into? Do you just want to play basketball, do you want to be able to run far, do you want to be able to defend yourself, etc. I dont know what, "I want to be in shape" means. The kind of training you do depends on the kind of functionality you require for a specific purpose.
Well as i said i want to increase everything. Get into shape basically means that i want to shave off the fat i accumulated over the years i was passive due to high allergies and asthma. Increase my strength, speed, balance, vertical leap and such

Wasn't there another topic like that someone else posted?

Anyways, MrPlow, I agree with Preator and Avanger (except the part about stretching; the world's strongest strongman frequently stretches, also, martial artists, proffesional athleates etc. are required to stretch before (or preferably) after the exercise to loosen the muscles and hasten healing/repearing & prevent possible injury).

With that said, the only thing you need is the basics:

There are broadly two types of exercises: Aerobic and Anaerobic

Aerobic exercises train the cardiovascular system, namely heart and lungs and plain increase stamina. Physically this burns fat and muscle mass. When you burn fat, muscle comes into view. To prevent muscle from burning, insert proteins here.
-----
Aerobics then again break down into two types: long term endurence or short term explosivness, power and speed (marathons vs sprints, for example)
I recomend sprints over endurance (long term) running since you are expanding your heart, which makes it more powerfull and brings health benefits as well. This also burns more fat thus further shaping up your body. Alternatilvey, you can also add more endurance running if you do any specific sports that requires it.

Anaerobic workouts deal with improving the muscle mass. Again, it breakes down into two broad catagories:
-----
Maximum strenght training: this puts on muscle mass, expanding your muscles (also defining them) and enables you too lift heavy objects. This training requires low repetition and heavy lifting.

Strenght endurance training: this trains the already existent muscle cells without multiplying them (much) and enables you to endure many repetitions at low weight. This training requires light - moderate weights or bodyweight and increasing repetition count.

You can combine both types of strenght trainings & aerobic regimens if you so wish.

To support all of these, you need first and foremost a good nutrition plan and 8 hours of sleep a day.

Simple and right to the point. Now, I know you were probably looking for some programs, but I think it's best if you find that for yourself (from a coach, the net, etc...) that suits your needs, although I have one that might suit you:

http://www.fightauthority.com/martial-arts-topics/training-your-body/mma-strength-workout/

Programs for MMA fighters. Personaly I don't do MMA that much yet, but these programs come in well for cardio and muscle mass/endurance and cutting fat (which is in simple terms, shaping up your body).

That's all I have, hope it helps.
Most if not all these workouts are in a gym using gym tools. I have no gym membership nor will i get one since as i said i'm not financially able to afford anything atm. Thx anyway

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Push ups, situps, pull ups, squats and sprints. They're all easy, you can do them in a jail cell, and there are dozens of variations for each. Everyone says they do them, but somehow theyre not enough. That means those people arent working out correctly. When you start working out, dont say youre going to do x reps. Unless youre doing pyramids, which are dependent on your strength level, all youd be doing is limiting yourself. Instead, do your max every time. What does that mean? It means youre doing push ups until youre physically incapable of lifting your body. Congrats. Thats one set. Now you have 4-5 sets left depending on how much you want to put out. In between sets you can either take a minute to rest, or you can do another exercise, and alternate between the two. You can do a longer circuit if you want, but I recommend you get back to the original exercise after the minute. Youll find your stamina increasing quite a bit this way.

Running is good for your cardio, but cardio alone wont do **** unless being fit means youre still a weak *****. By the end of the above workout, you shouldnt be able to do much. The next day, itll feel even worse. But also better. The feeling in your legs as they heal after being torn to shreds is amazing and slightly addictive. I like that feeling, so I push myself harder the next time to get similar results. Running is nice. Sprinting is better. It shocks the hell out of your body and will increase your cardio strength faster than slow jogging everywhere like an *******.

Push yourself. No one seems to know what that means anymore outside of athletes. You dont know what pain is. When you push your body to the edge, you still wont understand. Dont quit because youre outside of your comfort zone. You cant improve that way. Most of all, stop being a weak *****. An hour a day isnt going to kill anyone. You want to be in shape? Work for it.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Do this every second morning or alternate between morning and night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKCVCZe474
U cant tell me u havent got a spare 8 mins to work out each day and trust me those exercises might look easy but they burn like hell until u get used to them.
After a few weeks or when u feel ready, move to level 2. What I do is play the movie and listen to the 1s and 2s as Im doing it as this sets a nice pace for ur exercise and keeps u sorta distracted from the laziness of doing it lol (at least in my case). At my level i kinda speed it up on certain areas as I feel it goes slow or switch some of the exercises for eg. I like to work my lower abs more.

For arms and such I suggest u buy some dumbells as they are a really good investment. I bought a 70kg dumbell set made of cast iron(best) and it also comes with a benching bar for 70 pounds. Now if u think about it gym membership is like 25+ pounds per month! These you just buy them and they are there for the rest of ur life and there are literally so many exercises u can do with dumbells for shoulders, biceps, triceps and all sorts of combo workouts that help you improve more than 1 area of ur body at a time. I know all of this because my best mate is a qualified gym instructor.

REMEMBER NOT to overload urself, if u feel sore or aching after ur exercises always rest for a day or 2 at least before continuing ur exercises as this will make the progress of ur body slower as ur not allowing ur muscles to heal up after they have been torn basically so u are not getting the most out of exercising even though ur puttin the effort in.

If dumbells are not an option do at least 2 sets of push ups twice a day for starters and then increase the reps of each set. Set urself a reasonable number of reps to do for each set according to how many ur capable of doing. Pull ups are also very effective if u actually have something u can pull up from or buy one of them cheap door frame ones which can also work ur abs using certain exercises.

If you are trying to lose weight then the easiest way is to change WHEN you eat ur dinner. Back in Romania (my home country) we are used to having our biggest and most important meal at lunch time and if u go over there u will see a considerable less percentage of fat people there (I mean look at our girls ;) ) compared to here or other countries which have the same habbits (US) basically. When I came to the UK I was quite struck to see how much people eat at night time here. With that much food in ur stomach when u go to bed ur body effectively deposits the fats from it easier as u are not doing any effort what-so-ever in ur sleep, on the contrary ur body is in an idle state and all ur functions are slowed, therefore not burning any of the food calories or fats straight away. If that same food is there during the day u burn it up as u are doing stuff throughout the day. Try to eat light at night.

In the end the biggest enemy of u being in shape is the effort and laziness of doing it. At least I know it's like this for me :p.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two sets of push ups twice a day? This is the kind of **** im talking about. Dont even bother if this is how anyone is going to work out. Also, push ups arent a replacement for curling dumb bells.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Push ups, situps, pull ups, squats and sprints. They're all easy, you can do them in a jail cell, and there are dozens of variations for each. Everyone says they do them, but somehow theyre not enough. That means those people arent working out correctly. When you start working out, dont say youre going to do x reps. Unless youre doing pyramids, which are dependent on your strength level, all youd be doing is limiting yourself. Instead, do your max every time. What does that mean? It means youre doing push ups until youre physically incapable of lifting your body. Congrats. Thats one set. Now you have 4-5 sets left depending on how much you want to put out. In between sets you can either take a minute to rest, or you can do another exercise, and alternate between the two. You can do a longer circuit if you want, but I recommend you get back to the original exercise after the minute. Youll find your stamina increasing quite a bit this way.

Running is good for your cardio, but cardio alone wont do **** unless being fit means youre still a weak *****. By the end of the above workout, you shouldnt be able to do much. The next day, itll feel even worse. But also better. The feeling in your legs as they heal after being torn to shreds is amazing and slightly addictive. I like that feeling, so I push myself harder the next time to get similar results. Running is nice. Sprinting is better. It shocks the hell out of your body and will increase your cardio strength faster than slow jogging everywhere like an *******.

Push yourself. No one seems to know what that means anymore outside of athletes. You dont know what pain is. When you push your body to the edge, you still wont understand. Dont quit because youre outside of your comfort zone. You cant improve that way. Most of all, stop being a weak *****. An hour a day isnt going to kill anyone. You want to be in shape? Work for it.
I'm actually going to endorse this with every fiber of my being.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

You could pass for a drill instructor :p

And this sounds like something i'm already doing, just not hard enough. I guess i'll push myself harder

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you somehow dont feel like youre doing enough, sprint half a mile, or as far as you can go if its less than that, do a set of something, sprint again, another set, etc until you cant run anymore. Then finish out your workout minus the sprints. That doesnt mean take an hour break and then continue. Take five or ten minutes if you must, and then get back in there.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I didn't know that you aim to be in good shape and not to just have better cardio. English is not my native language but I will do my best to make some sense.

I will provide you with some usefull information because you and I aim for the same thing bro. The only difference is that I am skinny(not really skinny anymore after my workout plan).

First of all, if you really want to improve your strength you will have to buy a set of dumbbells(thats what I did).Because you can't afford a gym membership(neither do I).

My workout plan is.
Monday,Tuesday ,Thursday, Friday: 2,5 hours working out(1+ hour the morning and 1+ hour the evening/night depends on the occasions etc you are busy with other things so you delay the moment you begin to workout)

Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday are my days off.

Now for cardio I m doing the exercise I sent you.(you said that you are out of shape, so you better do only the Squat Jump exercise to strengthen your legs(thats what I did)and then go for the whole workout program)

For muscle training I pick every 3 weeks 6 exercises from this site -> http://www.better-exercise-fitness-for-life.com/dumbbell-exercises.html

Of course I have a sit up workout exercise in my plan.

Now some information to prevent you from injuries and wasting time.

If you do the same exercise for over 3 weeks your body will remember the patern and your muscles will only help you to finish the exercise.You won't increase your strength that way.(wasting time)

Before you start working out do some warm up stretching. Someone said that this will waste your power stamina or something like that BUT WRONG, this will prevent you from injuring your muscles and will improve your performance.

The first week do as much reps you can, the second and third weeks are to increase the reps.

After every exercise do some stretching in the area you worked out before.(preventing muscle injuries)

Change the workout program's patern every day.(I change it twice the day, what I mean? I follow different patern the morning and different patern the night)

If you have some fat in your belly area dont workout on abs yet, do some cardio.

REMEMBER your body is getting stronger when you rest, not when you are working out. Sleep well and have your days off.

All the above are from my 1 year and 1-2 months of gathering information and working out. I wasted few months working out the wrong way. After I changed my working out program/schedule, I've seen my body to go even further beyond.(Goku style). I did the push up thing every day in those wasted months. Don't do the same mistake bro.

Be carefull to not hurt yourself.

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Two sets of push ups twice a day? This is the kind of **** im talking about. Dont even bother if this is how anyone is going to work out. Also, push ups arent a replacement for curling dumb bells.
Did you read what level he is at at the moment? Quote: "I can like barely do 15 pushups and 40 situps which is really really really lame to what i used to."
What do u expect him to do? He needs to build up to what he used to be. This aint DBZ this is real life and yea pushing urself to the limit works provided u get appropriate resting time after depending on how sore u feel or how much u ache otherwise what I said in my post will happen.

Also I forgot to mention something in my post. It is better to work out ur entire body not just ur upper as that will release more testosterone in ur whole body therefore speeding up ur progress by a little bit. If u work just ur upper body (like I do cos Im only trying to shape up not necessarily trying to get fit) then the rate at which ur muscle will grow will be slightly slower than if u was working ur lower body as well along with it. Make no mistake I doubt the difference is anything noticeable (maybe 3% increase?), it's something I have read about and been told about but I dont think theres any way of proving it though.

PS: In my case when I reach my desired physical prowess :fight: I do push ups and sit ups just enough so I maintain my shape or minimise the rate at which my new found strength is decreasing. Make a mental note that ur fitness level decreases twice as fast as ur increasing it. For eg. if u workout for 2 months, everything u have gained during those 2 months would be gone in 1 month of not exercising. I have been thaught this in PE at school a few years back

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you somehow dont feel like youre doing enough, sprint half a mile, or as far as you can go if its less than that, do a set of something, sprint again, another set, etc until you cant run anymore. Then finish out your workout minus the sprints. That doesnt mean take an hour break and then continue. Take five or ten minutes if you must, and then get back in there.
Sprinting is hard. I can run 10 miles no problem, but can't come close to sprinting a half mile without dying.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you read what level he is at at the moment? Quote: "I can like barely do 15 pushups and 40 situps which is really really really lame to what i used to."
What do u expect him to do? He needs to build up to what he used to be. This aint DBZ this is real life and yea pushing urself to the limit works provided u get appropriate resting time after depending on how sore u feel or how much u ache otherwise what I said in my post will happen.

Also I forgot to mention something in my post. It is better to work out ur entire body not just ur upper as that will release more testosterone in ur whole body therefore speeding up ur progress by a little bit. If u work just ur upper body (like I do cos Im only trying to shape up not necessarily trying to get fit) then the rate at which ur muscle will grow will be slightly slower than if u was working ur lower body as well along with it. Make no mistake I doubt the difference is anything noticeable (maybe 3% increase?), it's something I have read about and been told about but I dont think theres any way of proving it though.

PS: In my case when I reach my desired physical prowess :fight: I do push ups and sit ups just enough so I maintain my shape or minimise the rate at which my new found strength is decreasing. Make a mental note that ur fitness level decreases twice as fast as ur increasing it. For eg. if u workout for 2 months, everything u have gained during those 2 months would be gone in 1 month of not exercising. I have been thaught this in PE at school a few years back
It doesnt matter what his strength level is. I didnt tell him to do 10 or 50 or 100 push ups. I told him to do 5 sets. If hes onky capable of doing 1 push up by his 5th set, thats still a set he wouldnt have done otherwise. The point is to destroy your body, not coddle it because you feel a little uncomfortable.

s for working out your lower body, he can do squats, lunges, burpees (which are good or just about everything), calf raises, and the six million types of situps and leg raises that exist.

You're right. This isnt dbz. He isnt made of paper. He needs to internalize that concept.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Sprinting IS hard, 'cause it's high intensity work. But I don't usualy see programs with half a mile sprint, morel like interval training (50-100 meters sprint, 50-100 meters walk out for rest, repeat until failure).

To be honest, I'd **** my **** up if I did it. xD

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.... Is there?

I'm not fat, just out of shape. I play basketball but aside from that i don't really do much. I can like barely do 15 pushups and 40 situps which is really really really lame to what i used to.
I'm not financially stable enough to afford a gym membership and i am quite forgetful so i don't really stick to schedules unless it's something so unforgettable that i will absolutely remember.
queue

montage

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom