Any beta testers?

Superseded by "Aurum".
Banned
Best answers
Will be there any beta testers? I've seen before you guys chose people, but why no more beta testers? :-/

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There are plenty already I believe

Busy Busy Busy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There really isn't a list of specific requirements. When the team needs testers we'll usually look towards members of the forum that have been around a while and are an active participant in the community.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There really isn't a list of specific requirements. When the team needs testers we'll usually look towards members of the forum that have been around a while and are an active participant in the community.
No offence, but when was the last time BTs were recruited from forum members?

Superseded by "Aurum".
Banned
Best answers
Then I hope a become one when it's time.

Discord Member
Best answers
No offence, but when was the last time BTs were recruited from forum members?
I do believe they have done it before, they just haven't ever made it public. How it goes is probably like this; if you are a veteran and are still active, when they are looking for more beta testers you'll probably get a private message or an email. There is no way they would post a thread about it because first of all everyone will want in and secondly the people that don't get in will be pissy and flame to no end. This is just me assuming how they get BT's off the forums though, it might not be how I said it is at all.

Last edited:
Ex-Pro 1.2.3 Player
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
I've yet to receive my invite and I was an Ex-pro so you would think they would want someone like me to find ways to break the game?

Discord Member
Best answers
I've yet to receive my invite and I was an Ex-pro so you would think they would want someone like me to find ways to break the game?
ex-pro? No offence but you are making it sound like that title means something. Just because you were good at 1.2.3 a few years ago it doesn't mean anything today. There are plenty of players out there that are equally as good as some of the older players (if not better) myself included. Especially because those old players don't play anymore. The current player base is filled with incredibly skilled players. You are right though, the ESF team would want a beta tester that could break their game which sadly is no longer you.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
I very much doubt that ingame skill is even a criteria when choosing a beta tester. It's more of your activity of the past decade, what you did for the esf community, how well you are respected/viewed amongs the developers/testers/community this or you have a rich father who can provide you and your friends a private beach/drinks/girls at miami beach for free expense lol.

Dudemeister
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You got paid to play ESF? That's awesome! Except I don't remember anyone sponsoring ESF players.

Anyways, with a few exceptions, most beta testers are/seem to be friends of team members. Which doesn't bother me, unless someone keeps insisting that there are other ways of joining the team as BT.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
While Critical Error could have said it nicer.

Ex-Pro is exactly that as far as ESF:F will be concerned. Whole new melee play style makes everyone a newbie again.

I think recent community activity/contribution is what they look for if they are tester hunting. But like I said, they already have a few and probably don't need more

Discord Member
Best answers
I very much doubt that ingame skill is even a criteria when choosing a beta tester. It's more of your activity of the past decade, what you did for the esf community, how well you are respected/viewed amongs the developers/testers/community this or you have a rich father who can provide you and your friends a private beach/drinks/girls at miami beach for free expense lol.
Yes you are probably right for most beta players, but with any testing of a game a you want a few beta testers that know how to play that game properly. It's those kind of players that find the most bugs in the shortest amount of time.

EDIT: @ Deverz, I honestly thought that was putting it nicely >< Guess I've got to work on that

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes you are probably right for most beta players, but with any testing of a game a you want a few beta testers that know how to play that game properly. It's those kind of players that find the most bugs in the shortest amount of time.
Not necessary. The people who understand the workings of the software and what goes on behind it are the ones most valuable. Since not only do testers have to find bugs, they also have to find out what causes them and point to possible fixes. And remember not all bugs are gameplay related. And require lots of hassle to properly locate. At times even multiple hours.

So player skill is not really our choice for testers especially since the game is so fundamentally different.

We generally look for people with an analytical way of thinking, that know how to behave properly in public, are active and show that they can be trusted enough that they dont leak stuff.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Last recruit thing i remember was on steamchat. Wanted to become a Beta tester and help out but not at the "cost" it came with. Mainly didnt have the spare time for those hours each day.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The last time I remember BTs chosen was a thing they did on the Forum about 2 years ago.

@Grega, If you guys are ever looking I would suggest Z Power and I am sure more than enough people in the community would agree.

Last edited:
ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Infact we had to do a little test before to see if we understood being a beta tester is all about.
Grega you still have that test somewhere maybe you can post it here and see what the people here would have answered :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Infact we had to do a little test before to see if we understood being a beta tester is all about.
Grega you still have that test somewhere maybe you can post it here and see what the people here would have answered :D
ESF team chose only their friends, because they shouldn't leak stuff. It's main requirement:)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I would actually enjoy something like that. We could have a little community game with it!

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF team chose only their friends, because they shouldn't leak stuff. It's main requirement:)
Not true. I was a tester at one point and I've never met any of them.

If you're a long time upstanding member of the community you can be chosen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom