Anti-overflow method?

Best answers
ARGH!!! I HATE DEVIL.... see how he came and &*&$ing overflowed my server...

:idea: Image taken down :idea:

(thnx for hosting, Groovy)

Look at the nextmap,timeleft messages sent by him. "THAT" IS HOW HE FREAKING OVERFLOWS the servers.

Is there any anti-flood plugins or something that are there for HL servers? And NOTE TO ESF TEAM: If the esforces servers also install an anti-flood plugin, then that should stop him from overflowing people like that, at least..... please consider this as a serious option.

PLEASE reply if you know of such a plugin!

Edit:
Something else I found out, [myg0t] G0d is an ex-member of myg0t and is now known as Nostalgia. I don't know if that was Nostalgia or Devil, but this crap must be stopped.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, thats a SCARY, but true tactic people use, the only diffrenece is devil does it without posting for server requests like crazy, it just happens, i reccomend you remove that image before some n00b's fly along and use it for themselfs, i HIGHLY reccomend it if you wanna see no more of this stuff..

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, damn I sure wouldn't mind having an anti-overflow plugin (if such a thing exists)... if something like this exists, it would be a good idea for the esforces servers to use this.

And Shijing, education sometimes means showing something which might have negative potential as well. I suggest we leave that picture there. Try to find an anti-flood plugin for half-life and we'll post it that and hopefully a mod can put that plugin in the devil sticky.

Best answers
Let them use it, people won't be able to crash the servers anyways if they make it flood proof.
They'll end up, flooding themselves.

The solution was already at hand in Beta 1.0.
The team should make anti-flood code in the next releases, so the people won't have to go through the plugin trouble.

http://cs.punkassfraggers.com/amplugins/plugin_sank_shutdown.zip

This is a admin mod, anti flood plugin.
I don't know how to install this stuff, so, good luck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
Mr. Satan always has the answer :)
Most of the time :p -- And remember folks, I'm NOT On The ESF TEAM, So STOP Asking Me When The Next Version Will Be Out etc...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
lol people actually ask you that? thats funny! Well you do know a lot about hl lol you should take the position of "Q&A Guy"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I got raped w/ questions from a ton of people before v1.1b came out. They always wanted to know if I could give them v1.1b early or if I could make it so they could use cheats and when it was coming out, drove me crazy >_<

I think it's because they see me answering alot of questions and I make stuff for ESF so they think I'm on the team or something, I dunno.

Best answers
Remember though that AdminMOD can't be run until we get Metamod updated for ESF 1.1

Best answers
damn lazy people at meta-mod

i was gonna post something bout the admin-mod anti-flood, which i use, but crazy mr. satan got to it first, damn him and his fast answering ways, lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by |PT|Mars
Remember though that AdminMOD can't be run until we get Metamod updated for ESF 1.1
Actually it can, but it has a high chance of crashing and you can't use the new attacks.

damn lazy people at meta-mod

i was gonna post something bout the admin-mod anti-flood, which i use, but crazy mr. satan got to it first, damn him and his fast answering ways, lol
It's just one guy, his name is Will Day and, like the ESF Team, he has a life. He isn't a zombie who sits at the comp. all day changing and tweaking MetaMod. Just be greatful that he takes time to do this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something else I found out, [myg0t] G0d is an ex-member of myg0t and is now known as Nostalgia. I don't know if that was Nostalgia or Devil, but this crap must be stopped. [/b]

NOS is no hacker.

Best answers
i agree with snow, hes been on my server plenty of times, and i havent had any complaints about him

Best answers
umm .. with that picture, don't you think that you are publishing the overflowing method?

Best answers
Are you sure thats how he does it....he picked random people and over flowed them or made them over flow when i saw him
i dont know how tho

Best answers
Originally posted by Ultraq
umm .. with that picture, don't you think that you are publishing the overflowing method?
I doubt anyone would risk the chances of being banned from this game, or any game, and not have done it already.

Best answers
It's about who he was Snow, not what has become of him. He used to be in myg0t, so he knows the crashing methods and such. Perhaps since our clan isn't that well related to his he might want to interfere our game, but it's just a theory.

Oh and if I'm mistaking and it's simply devil crashing the servers....tough luck:/

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lets put it this way, If I find out anyone has used that script, you had better hope you are 1/2 as slippery as he is.

I will not hesitate to destroy anyone who messes with gameservers. Devil has prooved resistant thus far, but he's closer to an ass-kicking than he realizes. In the mean time, wait for meta mod, then install the plugin, make sure you screw his buttons up real nice when you do it too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
needless to say pic has been removed anyway

we dont need even 1 more little ass nuggets running around doing that crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom