another video

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Erm, the best thing I can say is that the video quality is high and the file size is low. However theres no syncing, context or structure. The tempo of the song doesn't really fit the action either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to be a douche, but why wouldnt you show us the best work you could possibly do, rather than something that is "not your best"?

Random

R
Maybe we are not good enough to see his best, rofl. Vid looks cool.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude... Even knowning that that isn't your best (Which I doubt, btw), I just have to say that you need practice, and alot of it.

Best answers
some parts are good, some parts are ... o.o;

but my music vids are about the same so I cant really crit too much

Best answers
what?!?! this is impossible, this is probably one of the best vids i made and when i come to esf forum its noobish? man i would faint to see the best video ever

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That video's ok, but if you want some amazing examples, check out DiZ 's stuff. He completely turned around from a very basic amateur video maker to a legend in my eyes. His latest Naruto and Bleach vids were some of the best AMV's i've ever seen, and he's done some DBZ stuff too which is also worth a look.

Alex said:
what?!?! this is impossible, this is probably one of the best vids i made and when i come to esf forum its noobish? man i would faint to see the best video ever
There are some things you should keep in mind when making a video (in order of importance):

1. Sync - Probably the most important part, keeping the music and the video in time with each other. If it's a fast part of a song, use a piece of fast action or something else that shows speed. If it's a slow part, use something meaningful that contrasts the fast action. If it's got a heavy drumbeat you may want to time your cuts (cutting between scenes) with it.

2. Context - This applies to both the story you want your AMV to tell and the lyrics of the song itself. For example, I personally didn't see Majin Vegeta as a hero, more of an antagonist. He wanted to become evil so he could become "the perfect warrior, cold and ruthless". The fact that he sacrificed himself was more of a way of atoning for all his sins rather than grand heroic gesture (like Goku sacrificing himself against Cell so the Earth wouldn't blow up). This isn't limited just to the song in it's entirety, but the parts of each song too. If a lyric has significance to the part of the anime you're using, make sure they play alongside each other.

3. Effects - I don't believe these are nearly as essential as the other two but they help make the video stand out. They can be simple things like flashes (good for fast transitions) and fades (good for slow transitions), or full blown cinematic blurs and renders. Of course, this depends a lot on the software you're using, but even on Windows Movie Maker (which I also use) you have access to the basics, which is really all you need to make a decent AMV.

4. Time - Don't rush through it. The longer you spend on an AMV the better it'll turn out. It's not uncommon to spend an hour on less than a minute of footage, i've even spent more than that on a video before.

5. Quality - High resolution video and high bitrate audio always produce better results. This doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

Keep this in mind and i'm sure your next video will be much better recieved, it takes time, practice and feedback to improve. Good luck and don't give up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Core-G|Alex said:
this is not one of my best work so dont critise it too much
Core-G|Alex said:
what?!?! this is impossible, this is probably one of the best vids i made and when i come to esf forum its noobish?
Contradictory much? Sorry, but it's not all that good. Like your last one; it's just a song with some dbz clips, nothing special really. But i've said it before and i'll say it again: It's better than what I could do, so good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom