ANOTHER trunks sword/melee idea

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
scince trunks is apparently a melee only character and he has a sword i think there should be a new method of melee for him.... lemme explain, with a lil diagram, cuz i got bored =0

okey, Im gonna call it sword melee

1) you're swooping along as trunks, and you hold both mouse buttons down and you pull out ur sword, you got your enemy in ur sights

2) you successfully connect with your enemy, and you slice right through them, this deals slightly more than basic melee damage, but it will cost ki, about the amount of a teleport if you havent got enough ki then you will miss with your hit (it will still play the animation, but you will miss hitting the enemy) and not have any ki left leaving you open while u powerup. This move is unblockable.

3) There is little/no knockback on your opponent, it will stop and stun your opponent for 3-4 seconds (maybe less maybe more, wud have to be tested) you automatically come out of swoop just a little behind them, it automatically centers your view on them, after this you can do whatever you like.

(this part is a maybe addition to the idea)In advanced melee you may hold down both mouse buttons to use your sword, they deal more damage but will be less likely random, but if you land a sword combo, at the end of your melee it will stun your opponent (end melee) like using the sword melee stated earlier.

This stun time can be used to use his new flamethrower move, or burning attack to blind them. Making his melee actually more useful/different than it is now so he can be teh true melee character.

just another idea to throw into teh works.... meh figured it'd be simple enough to code as its just like basic melee, but the knockback distance is really short and lengthen the recovery time, and it'd make you automatically stop swoop after. I think this'd make trunks really unique.

Best answers
definately i agree wit it 100% i was thinkin somthin of this sort myself almost but not quite the same regardless tho i like the idea. although id like to see his sword back in for basic melee like 1.1 this idea does seem to fit pretty well. it would be very unique indeed.

maybe make this like u said with both mouse buttons. but make his basic melee his sword melee then with both of the mouse buttons this special move of his. alot more sword useage is heavily needed in 1.3. but maybe for this move maybe u can make this into a special attack for him.

so lets say u do this wen the opponent has 20% health left then after u can do a special melee combo that if done correctly triggers him to do the burning slash attack. so for it he kicks em back then after that does a burning attack at them causing them to go in the air to try to avoid it then he does a downward slice followed by 5 other slices to a sword kill. lets say the body parts float in air then he does flamethrower into it to finish it.

^ not my best of ideas but alot of eye candy so to speak. but i really like this dea tho davidskiwan and with it u dont have to worry about nresponsive controls sometimes

Best answers
I would agree with this, but it would unbalance the game, because you could use the melee and then while the opponent is stunned, you use the burning attack to blind him and then the flaethrower to finish him. That would instantly kill the opponent without giving him a chance to win.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats why i said it would have a ki cost so people cant use it over and over (at the same time to keep them stunned), 3 seconds is probably enough to change attacks, and to charge your burning attack, burning attack does very little damage, its the weakest beam, but as soon as they arent stunned, they arent going to sit there while they're blind, most people teleport away as soon as they recover from melee, or move. This idea mainly is for the flamethrower attack, as i dont see many/any occasions your enemy is going to let you just burn them to death as you have to get within melee range, so it'd become just like candy attack where people only will use it when people are stuck on the floor and such, which isnt how its ment to be used, its used during some kind of stun time, which the sword would do , thats what happened in the series anyway. Remember if they recover before you finish burning them, they're within melee range, and they're going to hit you, so its a double edged sword. Not to mention all the ki it would cost to do what you suggested, I dont think the flamethrower will do as much damage as a beam. Trunk's style of attacks are melee and disorientation, this would fit perfectly.

Best answers
Nice idea. But I noticed from your drawings that Trunks is returning his sword from his back does that means he can only use that technique while holding the sword. Because that way it will be more balanced.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X-boy said:
Nice idea. But I noticed from your drawings that Trunks is returning his sword from his back does that means he can only use that technique while holding the sword. Because that way it will be more balanced.
actually thats a pretty good idea, would stop people from whoring it (repetative use over and over), like stun, simple melee then for the double hit stunning them again, you'd need to pull out the sword again so that couldnt happen, i dunno but certainly an interesting suggestion.

Best answers
And it gives also 2 purposes, game balance and eye candy. And it would give a great DBZ experience.

Best answers
Shadershi said:
I would agree with this, but it would unbalance the game, because you could use the melee and then while the opponent is stunned, you use the burning attack to blind him and then the flaethrower to finish him. That would instantly kill the opponent without giving him a chance to win.
well for wut i had siad i was thinkin of that as a finishing combo at the end not while their stunned more like only accesible wen they are at 20% health. but pretty soon everyone is going to be askin for a attack like davidskiwans that can stun people.

Best answers
man that sounds like a cool idea, but people would hore it.. alot

mabie if you added a break feature, say if you use the attack when someone is blocking, you still stun them and its for slightly more than the normal 3 seconds, but your sword is broken he puts it back (whats left) so that the model will still be normal for the rest of game but he cannot draw his sword again, the idea of a slightly longer stun would be so you can do more damage than normal (to makeup for the lost sword)

would stop horing and make it a more intence combat attack because people wouldent want to risk losing such a handy attack, and lets face it even though he transforms early hes not the strongist character. just a thought. ^_^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omgz its teh hawki ice! >;o

i dunno, i think the way i worked it is pretty balanced, with the ki cost, the needing to get out your sword on time, and the fact that its only a short stun time, short enough that the opponent can move if the trunks player isnt fast enough... I think its pretty balanced, maybe, if this new stamina system is included, the more stamina a person has the less stunned they will be. hmmmmm maybe to make it so it cant be done constantly (as much as simple melee) you'd need to hold down both mouse buttons before you start swooping, so you need to get the sword out before you start your attack =0

meh looks at teh link in your siggeh =0 :'( those were teh days.... =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love this idea, he's always needed more melee techniques, and this one's very anime :yes:

I think 3-4 seconds stuntime is too much though, 2 would be good.

(1,900th post bishez!! >;O)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me likes and as ravendust said 2 seconds is more than enough

PS congrats for 1900 posts XD

Best answers
great but thinging that shouldn't every char. have smthng like that... like if playing with cell, he hits with his tail and maybe absord some hp, and other "normal" chars. would hit tehh airs ut or smthng.. it might balance rhe game...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about this

trunks has two melees: basic and sword

basic is the normal "able to hit twice + five more on the ground" while sword you only get to hit once but theres a chance for a gib

for ki attacks: while the sword is out you can only use one handed ki attacks like ki blasts (like vegetas normal slow one), generic beam/blast, and flamethrower

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if this was already suggested in this thread, but listen to this:

I really love this idea. You could make it so he can use either his sword or his fists, he'd sheathe his sword like in 1.1. Maybe make the sword another attack instead of having it replace melee or something. Anyway, if you use your fists and use simple melee, you'll do the simple attack we have now with the knockback, but if you take out your sword, you can use this new attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could use some touching up, but the overall idea is fantastic. :yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I don't know if this was already suggested in this thread, but listen to this:

I really love this idea. You could make it so he can use either his sword or his fists, he'd sheathe his sword like in 1.1. Maybe make the sword another attack instead of having it replace melee or something. Anyway, if you use your fists and use simple melee, you'll do the simple attack we have now with the knockback, but if you take out your sword, you can use this new attack.
well the idea was that he could still use simple melee, and advanced melee, but if you hold down both he uses his sword, so there would be no need to change attacks =]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I love this idea, he's always needed more melee techniques, and this one's very anime :yes:

I think 3-4 seconds stuntime is too much though, 2 would be good.

(1,900th post bishez!! >;O)
Also agree. This would be so much fun to see/use in the game. about 2 - 2.5 seconds might be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom