Another thread....by me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, well i'm making my first map that I will release to the public, but there's one thing, I don't know how to choose which skybox texture I want! :(
I think you go to hammer, then at map properties you select that cl_skyname thingy, but I don't know what to fill in, please someone help me, I really don't want that barren wasteland texture for my island!

OH and how do I make a waterfall? just show me to a tutorial or something please.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
ok thanx man, now all I need to find out is on how to make transparent stuff and waterfalls....
Transparent stuff (water) when making a texture add { in front of its name.

Like {water than just put it ingame. Now remember unlike sprites hammer treets textures so that true blue is transparent and not black.

In hammer you than use tie to entity select func_water set render mode to texture and FX amount to the desired level. 0 is invisible and 255 is totaly visible (exept for true blue). You should try with the setting 128 and see if you need more transparency or less. If you need more you simple put a lower number if you need less transparency put a higher number.

As for the waterfalls i suggest you use a sprite and the laser entity ;) Or you can try to make movable textures (im still testing this ^^)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh okay, thank you, moving textures, that would be cool, I got the transparent part, thanks again, now I can finish my king_yamma_toilet map(I'm serious!)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom