Another thing goes wireless

Who do you think will win the superbowl?

• Carolina Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
This is what we have been waiting for, soon we dont have to charge our Mobile phone batteries by plugging it into a wire. Just keep it in the house with wireless energy for a while and full battery ready to go.
Downsides are that soon people start to think that those electro magnetic waves cause brain cancer, and somebody bans the project.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I WANT ONE!!!

Yea it probably will cause cancer...but I think I can deal with it if I have wireless energy.

Best answers
Wait... What about wireless sex....?

Darn people. They don't understand whats good for them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good idea in principal, but what about people with pacemakers etc?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, It would be a great Thing to have. It could have some bad effects but there are alot of good things to come out of this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I thought Wireless USB was cool, the thought of wireless power is like wow.

But it needs a lot of development and fine-tuning first, 40% efficiency isn't worth using imo.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It took how long to invent a lesser version of tesla's creation?

Jeez.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so its basiclly a larger version of whats used in various toothbrush chargers and similar appliances for the past few years? S:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea :)

It could mean the end of sockets. Instead, they'll just have energy projectors. I think it would be simple to prevent interference to other devices. All you have to do is have the energy project at a specific frequency that is picked up by the device. You could have a different frequency between homes and between sockets so that flicking a switch effects only what you want turned on. It would also prevent people from leeching power from your house if the frequencies between homes is randomized. Sorta' like protecting your wirless network from nearby houses trying to leech from your wi-fi.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
thats old news btw. there has been a thread about this (exact same method btw) about 1 or 2 years ago or so.
Anyway, I wouldn't want to use it. 40% efficiency over only 2 meters? Who's gonna pay my power bill then.
As if we hadn't enough energy problems already...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could see this being useful if people used solar energy more.

Let's imagine everyone had solar panels on their roof, then you could get more energy, so the 40% efficiency wouldn't be as much of a bother since it's free electricity anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could see this being useful if people used solar energy more.

Let's imagine everyone had solar panels on their roof, then you could get more energy, so the 40% efficiency wouldn't be as much of a bother since it's free electricity anyway.
Yeah, too bad solar panels cost such an assload of money...man, if they could make them cost effective then EVERYONE could have them on their roof! But noooooo, they have to be worth thousands of dollars, so nobody buys them. If I could afford them, I'd have solar panels mounted over the whole roof. There's no downside to them, except they're so expensive...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats old news btw. there has been a thread about this (exact same method btw) about 1 or 2 years ago or so.
Anyway, I wouldn't want to use it. 40% efficiency over only 2 meters? Who's gonna pay my power bill then.
As if we hadn't enough energy problems already...
Nah, that thread you're talking abou was powering up devices by placing them on a metal plateish thing. No wires in that one, but this is far more convenient.

Best answers
Nah, that thread you're talking abou was powering up devices by placing them on a metal plateish thing. No wires in that one, but this is far more convenient.
No... i remember that exact same thread also. It used the exact same method that was used here, if i remember correctly.

Best answers
There's no downside to them, except they're so expensive...
And they actually dont make enough energy so you could compensate for the lost 60%. You probably couldnt keep more than few energy saving lightbulbs if you had a roof full of them on a cloudless day. Solar energy isnt that efficient.

Solar energy < Wind energy < Water energy < Nuclear energy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom