Another Starcraft topic o/

Best answers
I hope it's not world of starcraft, or an mmorpg of starcraft. If it is Starcraft 2 it will be awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Starcraft 2 = greatest game of all time.

It doesn't even need to exist to recieve that title.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they said WHEN they announce it... so its most definately coming...

i bet youl need a super computer to play it though. but maybe not.

dont know. I'd get one regaurdless.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OH MY GOD!!
<blink>o/</blink>

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
bapplebo said:
OH MY GOD!!
<blink>o/</blink>
Don't use the &lt;blink&gt; tag, lol. It's so deprecated.

Although if any game deserves a blinking heil, it's Starcraft 2

Best answers
Hold your horses people.. You all know what Blizzard did to the awesome gamefranchise known as Warcarft.. Yes, they ****ed it up, ****ed it up real good.. So untill you can actually play Starcraft 2, hold on your panties..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...you mean gave us an awesome endless game that has expanded the lore and set a new standard for MMORPGs and Fantasy genre games alike? I don't know what you're talking about, man. I haven't seen like, one single negative thing going on with Warcraft.

Starcraft on the other hand, I always considered to unbalanced to find fun. Hopefully for me at least, Starcraft 2 will have the brains involved that War3 did but with more units per group to give it that 'swarming' feel.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride, I couldn't disagree with you more. I found Warcraft 3 generally unfun while I thought Starcraft was one of the most balanced games I've ever played. To each his own.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
...you mean gave us an awesome endless game that has expanded the lore and set a new standard for MMORPGs and Fantasy genre games alike? I don't know what you're talking about, man. I haven't seen like, one single negative thing going on with Warcraft.

Starcraft on the other hand, I always considered to unbalanced to find fun. Hopefully for me at least, Starcraft 2 will have the brains involved that War3 did but with more units per group to give it that 'swarming' feel.
Oh, don't get me wrong.. The Warcraft series are good fun.. I still play WC3 like everyday with some buds.. I used to be a die hard WoW fan as well.. Untill they started screwing around with the Lore (first noticable with the release of AQ).. Now with the additional races and features in the Burning Crusade, they're assassinating the Warcraft Lore, the one thing that made Warcraft so damn fun.. Blizzard used to be Gods when it came to balancing games (reference: Warcraft 3.. That one has to be one of the best balanced games ever), but in WoW, they're just following the mainstream opinions of raidhungry people that don't care about the Lore or Warcraft overall (or even logic for that matter).. I know lots of people that still play the game for fun etc, but they gave up on the background story, the Lore.. The spine of the game..
I guess I'm one of those players who likes a good story with seamless Lore, but when the seams started showing up, I quit WoW (AQ-era)..

So yea, I'll wait untill I can actually play Starcraft 2 before I'll cream my panties :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jehuty187 said:
I hope they add a hero system to it, like WC3 does.
OMG *stabs you*

The blasphemy that is Warcraft 3 can never enter the greatness that is Starcraft

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually only hear that from people who's computers couldn't run Warcraft 3, heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never liked the overall feel of WC3. The semi-3d-ness of it along with the cartoonish animations just didn't let me get into it. That along and the hero system, which I really can't stand. Maybe I'm just too sucky at it, but the macro/micro management involved is too much for me to enjoy. Not only do you have to secure resources and build up an army, but you have to make sure to go and level up your starting hero which seems to be the most important thing overall, or you're pretty much screwed for the game. I can't say I like that at all.

I think SC2 will probably have the same semi-3d-ness of WC3 but I pray that they don't include same hero system, it would ruin the game for me.

Best answers
Starcraft 2 better have 2 things The protoss Zealot with improved graphics, Infested Terrans, so long as they have these 2 things, i will love the game till the day i die, I still have my original copy of Starcraft =D.

Was my very first online game =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I usually only hear that from people who's computers couldn't run Warcraft 3, heh.
It's kinda hard for me to not like the game when I can't play it, heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did you guys ever read about the "starcraft 2 wishlist"

it had all kinds of neat things that should be in SC 2, like carriers that could carry 22 interceptors, ALL the terran buildings could lift off, and attack. The hybrid race with protoss/zerg, infested terran race.

warcraft 3 is a good game, but its ment to be played on older computers so the graphics arent insane. but thats what the moddign community is for and it has a great fanbase, lots of talent in there.

starcraft is a larger scale game, and i like the larger scale stuff, but each game has its place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. I have a low tolerance for bull**** in games. EXTREMELY low. And Starcraft had a lot of stuff I never liked. The entire Protoss race, for example; I always felt it was completely unbalanced vs. the other two. Great game that I just thought suffered from some glaring shortcomings.

For me War3 was the end-all/be-all. I thought the 3d graphics were great, and never found the "cartoony" complaint to have any validation, since the previous two Warcraft titles looked that way too. It's not as large a scale but it is also a game that has many layers of strategic play to it, which is something I love in a real time strategy game. Starcraft was just mass your biggest units and send them off to die, first to run out of money loses.

Like most people have said, though, both games have their places. But because of my point of view I am hoping that Starcraft gains the things I like about War3, like the clever implementation of using mixed groups' abilities.

Regardless it will definitely be a great game, just a matter of preference one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom