Another rare chance

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes for all of those that remember it's back.

For those who don't this thread is a thread to "to tell the moderation staff what you think about them , How well or how bad they are doing their job and Also any comments on how we could improve"

Now obviously with a thread like this we will have zero tolerance for any smart aleck replies or out right flames.

This thread is a chance to show the forum maturity it will be watched closely by ALL moderators and any trouble makers will be dealt with swiftly. Don't push us to do this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, they are, can't really think of any suggestions. Nothing like "Yeah, stop sucking!". I admire their paitience with stupid threads/people (I'm looking at you Pain) while still being able to hold up tranqulity (now looking at you Majin) but still able to those up that need to be shut up (Go Cucumba!)

So yeah for the most part you guys are doing great.

Bolteh2

B
~personal attack deleted~

Have a nice day!

~Cucumba

Oh wait, you won't see this, you're permanently banned.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't overemphasize that we're looking at constructive criticism here. Any flames, off topic banter, etc. will be treated with swift action. We want this to be fun and open, but we're not tolerating any infraction of the rules. That said, feel free to post what you will about us. This is one of the few chances that the community gets to evaluate us, so keep it mature, and we won't have to close this thread early.

-Karrde-

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, Bolteh, you're way off - that's the problem.

This thread is not meant "to be fun". We are looking for serious, well thought-out comments from the people whom we are here to serve - the community.

I don't know about you, but I'm more than willing to take reasonable suggestions from the community. If someone considers me a horrible admin, I'll accept that, provided there's some sort of rationale behind it.

Making negative comments without anything backing it up is wasteful.

Now, if you're done being arrogant, Bolteh, I'd like to see some people posting legitimate comments in here. Your caustic and would-be rebellious attitude is really wearing thin.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read my post again. DOn't miss the part where I say that users can post as they will. My point is that it must be mature. I'm not saying you can't negatively crit us. I'm simply saying that if you can't do so in a mature and controlled manner, then you have no purpose posting in this thread. If someone's gonna post just to levy childish insults and unqualified criticism, then they're going to pick up a warning for it. That's all.

Bolteh2

B
Well, read my post again, edited it with stuff backing it up. Yes, all of that resolves around me.. But that doesn't change anything.

~You still lack the necessary respect to be an active member of this board, so I've taken care of that for you. Don't come back. Ever. Your backup failed to mention that you were an ass to Kidboy 17 for no good reason, where I was an ass to you because it was called for.~

~Cucumba

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think moderators need to get a life, but seriuosly :D

some of you guys are great people and some of you...well...

you act like this is a prison and we are teh prisoners, everytime someone gets out
of the path he is supose to be on, there is a punishment...a big one!

suggestion is to be a little friendlyer with your members, thats all.

no wonder why you ask "ohh my where those vet's went to?"...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think alea and pride are too harsh and should not be so harsh, that's how they could improve.

And I think all mods will be improved if they allow certain nudity. Like refs or models that contain nudity. That's about it for me D:

And I think Pain is the greatest admin ever. He helps everyone, and he's just ejeet o/. He's teh uber pawn and he's nice. He helps everyone and should get rewarded for it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sean said:
i think alea and pride are too harsh and should not be so harsh, that's how they could improve.

And I think all mods will be improved if they allow certain nudity. Like refs or models that contain nudity. That's about it for me D:
Heh, thats one of the reasons that one of the top modelers here left.

so my sujestion is to allow anatomy practice models, nothing wrong with that?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same here about the nudity, if its tasteful, or for artistic purposes i see no problem in nudity, as long as its nothing graphic/sexual.

I think sometimes the moderators judge things... with their own look on it. Bolteh recently has been getting hastle for things which, even harshly said, are on topic, are relevant and are 90% of the time constructive, but even obeying the rules, he gets punished for merely his viewpoint. This isnt because he breaks any rules, but because the way his posts are percieved. However, this is just human nature, sadly.

LiteNet, gave me a warning for posting in a "when will 1.3 be done" thread, where i answered "how long's a peice of string?" =/ maybe i shouldnt have posted it because 3 or 4 other people had posted "when its done" before me, but they didnt get warnings. It was argued that I "added nothing to the topic", but neither did the others... i dunno =/

This is my only real complaint.... Sometimes moderators use their powers to "have the last say" in closed topics, personally i think there should be a rule where a moderator may only write in an informative and factual based manner when closing a thread, none of their own opinions.

Other than that, the moderation is fine, the way things are done is fine.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkSniper said:
Heh, thats one of the reasons that one of the top modelers here left.

so my sujestion is to allow anatomy practice models, nothing wrong with that?
It was a tough call to make. The wants of the modelling community we have here had to be weighed against the fact that we still have many young members here. One thing we had to take into account, for instance, was what might happen if one of the younger members' parents decided to check up what he/she was viewing and came accross a model such as the one in question. While we, on the whole, understand and appreciate all of the work that goes into becoming a great modeller, it might not be easy to have someone as defensive as a parent understand why we (the forum staff) are letting their kid see that kind of thing when we know that the community has several people his/her age browsing.

Having dealt with parents, personally (I teach classes on the weekends to kids at the Grade 5 level), I know that anything they deem inappropriate causes a whirlwind of actions on their part that ultimately lead to trouble for the teachers. This is not so different.

However, in the near future, it might not be too much of a stretch to have sections devoted to the more mature members of the forum. Once we figure out a way to legitimately screen out the younger members, you might see such secitons pop up.

Worry not - we have taken issues such as the anatomy one into consideration =]

Thanks for the comments/crits, folks!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for Bolteh being harrased, what about the unwarranted harrasments he offers other users? He consistantly breaks the respect rule because he feels his veiwpoint can be expressed negatively to bring people back to earth. More like, he can't be assed to bother being nice. I've asked him for YEARS to not be a prick while posting, and he obviously could care less. Further, he was finally banned after only 8 warnings, that's only 5 above our limit, so I see how the harrasment came into play.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are great on the forums, the only thing that pissed me off once only happened on IRC, where one of you moderators kicked me for no apparent reasons, and for your own personal expenses in a certain group...

I think all moderators and administrators should atleast warn the person with the same reason as other moderators may agree too, on IRC and not for their own expenses.

I'm not going to say who it, but wished to tell you guys as a complaint.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some of you are too nice. some of you are too strict. some of you are juuuuuuust right.

And then some of you have bad jokes and stolen lines from a previous poster that are used to close a topic or hand out warnings. YOU know who I'm talking about....

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
You guys are great on the forums, the only thing that pissed me off once only happened on IRC, where one of you moderators kicked me for no apparent reasons, and for your own personal expenses in a certain group...

I think all moderators and administrators should atleast warn the person with the same reason as other moderators may agree too, on IRC and not for their own expenses.

I'm not going to say who it, but wished to tell you guys as a complaint.
IRC Ops/Masters shouldn't be kicking you without a warning. Please supply a log of the event to me via email.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
And then some of you have bad jokes and stolen lines from a previous poster that are used to close a topic or hand out warnings. YOU know who I'm talking about....
It's called a ~*cruel irony*~, look into it.

Best answers
Cuc I hate you, and Opti you're an ass..

Nah, j/k. Having gotten to know alot of the Mods I think you guys are great, there are little bits and peices that could be done better.

I think mods could be a little more lenient on certain things like David said though. I mean you guys let loose comments fly, but something that can be completely relevent can be shot to pieces. I dunno, that's just my take.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the way you do your job Opti, always have a good reason for everything, a good ponit and a good explanation :').

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man everyone had some kind of suggestions, makes me feel naive o_O

Alright then..Personally, if a thread is closed and there is some witty/ironic line in it, I'm all for it, as long as they deliver a valid/clear reason for why the thread was closed (unless it is 100% unnecessary to explain).

I don't know if this has happened recently, but if someone on the moderation team does something worthy of punishment, then it should be delt with, no special treatment.

One specific find : http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=61679 Why was that closed? Was it because the closer perosnally felt that it wasn't worth talking about or did it go too off topic or what?

Oh, and the "remove it in 24 hours" message, sounds like a mission impossible...mission. Nothing bad or needed to change, just saying. Sometimes sounds cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom