almostdeleted

A
Ok, I have the bojack trunks done.. Now I need to know how I get him ingame. Its an ms3d right now and I tried importing an animation smd. It animated, but only the part that was from trunks (legs) the part that was from vegeta did not animate when I imported the trunks animation. How do I get it all to animate then get it ingame with all its animations?

Bolteh2

B
there is prolly an assignment prob with the legs (not assigned or assigned to spine01) eathe way, when i edit models a go through the assignments time after time untill i have the correct assignment that i like :)

almostdeleted

A
Err.. I dont know how to assign the bones on the body, what do i do?

EDIT

Everything animates well, but the arms, whats the problem?

And after I figure that out how do I put in all the rest of the animations and compile it to put it ingame?

Bolteh2

B
ok:

1) lower the size of joints of the skeleton (file -> preferences -> jointsize to bout 1 or 2)

2) assign everything correct, how?: select the part of the skeleton ( bones) and look at it where it is, than select all vertexes that match the bone system of the selected bone, than click assign, do this with all bones till tehre is nothing left to assign :D

3) to put in all anims i suggest this: copy the model you want the anims from (same model as the one you got the reference-skeleton of) in a new folder on ur desktop decompile next things = qc-file, reference and sequences, now it decompiled all animations in the same folder, now you have to export the modl you have now to smd and save as reference in the same folder as the decompiled models (with qc file, ref and seq files) (save as referenve under same name as original reference-smd)

4) copy all the textures (!!! 8 BIT !!!) into the same folder as the anims and ref and qc file

5 go to milkshape -> tools -> half-life -> compile QC file and select the qc file in that folder

now it should run all the animls and textures etc and when you look in the folder there is a nice .mdl file :)

almostdeleted

A
Wow, thanks a lot man. I made a Pikkon model too. Im gonna release it after my bojack trunks. Thanks a lot.
One question, you said "copy the model you want the anims from (same model as the one you got the reference-skeleton of) in a new folder on ur desktop decompile next things = qc-file, reference and sequences, now it decompiled all animations in the same folder"

So I should put my trunks model in the folder, then where do I get the qcfile from? and what do you mean by refrences and sequences? the animations?

This is the only part im confused about

Bolteh2

B
well, reference = the model with the skeleton in it (base model) sequences = animations :p

almostdeleted

A
Ok, I get it now.. Its a pain in ass to assign the bones right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom