Another Megaman Sig.

Best answers
Ok since im a noob at photoshop and sigging i figured i might as well post this for some c&c's any way go ahead and do just that ^__^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Bad quality on the render, and I'm not very fond of the custom shape. Backround's not very enjoyable to look at. For some reason it hurts my eyes. x_x Nor, is very interesting. Text is acceptable though.

Overall, 3/10.

Best answers
It would probably look better if you made the white part of it transparent, erased that line that goes out of it on the descending right side part and picked a better font. Also there is something about how you cut the image out that just is a bit sloppy. Those are my 5 cents.

Best answers
>_> i thought i did erase that line. . . . . . also how do you make the background transparent. when i save as jpeg it automatically puts in the whit

Best answers
I think to recall .gif saves the transparency.

~Just did a test and .gif does save transparency, .jpeg fills it with white.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*.png (could also be .png-24)files also have transparency but it wont show up transparent in Internet Explorer...does show up transparent in Firefox though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
...does show up transparent in Firefox though.
AND IN Opera <_<" (lol)

nway yeh cut the background out again and save it as png ... also might try to find later a better quality of the stock.

else fine

Best answers
Isnt it simpler for him to save it in .gif which is a format every browser (I think) will see transparent?

Best answers

i saved it as gif but it makes it look all grainy dontcha think? also i had to take off the shadow because it looked all messed up

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah what Fatality said, .gifs should be used only for lineart, if you want to save something in a .gif format, try to use the least possible colors. If you have pictures with alot of colors use jpegs, if you want transparency use pngs,

Your new sig looks grainy because its a gif, gifs only support (if I am right) 256 colors, so save it as .png and it will look a whole lot better. And you really need a new image, the one you use now looks way to blurry and the cutting isnt to great either. I dont know what program you use, but if you ever find low quality pictures and you use photoshop, first make a new layer, past the picture on that layer, duplicate that layer,do a Guassian blur 2.0 on the new layer, and set the blending mode on hard light or softlight depends on what you prefer.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Sicron. I used to save my sigs in .gif, and while the size may have been lower, the sigs got rated down because it looked grainy. Also, you have way too much empty space. Try spicing it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only use gifs if you want to save space, like for instance, in ESF Forum's avatar uploads or linkage. save as .png if you want your photoshop work to show up on a page in the same way it appears on the canvas in PhotoShop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom