Another guitarist in need. Which amp?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Line 6 can do a lot more but it's much harder to use. It also won't project as far. If you need power or rich volume and tone, go for the Peavey; If you're looking for ****loads of effects, go with the Spider.

Just for the record, though--the Spider has been bought by a lot of my friends, and they usually ended up being unhappy with it and selling it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Peavy of corse. Im not really a big fan of line 6...it's more of an amp for like people who don't know how to set their own sounds up and stuff. . If anything though you should get a marshall.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was considering a marshall for a while, but i cant get anything big enough that could play over drums that is around 300$. Right now i'm looking at peavys, but the last peavy my bro had, maybe around....8 yrs ago, broke after 2 or so years so im a bit reluctant

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i work for sound controll (uks no1 retailer ;)) anyway, have you considdered the Crate range? they offer an amazing tone.

short rundown:

line 6. modeling amps: line six are famous for making there amps sound like other peoples, but in general, they dont actually do it too well, you can get some pretty good sounds, but nothing great.

peavey: dont get there transistor stuff... the 5150 and tripple X heads are amazing, but like marshall, they fall flat with tranny amps.

Crate: build the best tranny amps imo. they are designed to work like valve amps, and they do to some major extent, tey also have a high gain chanal that will roxor your soxors. best value for money (if you dont want DFX built in) is the GT212 its a 120 watt 2x12 amp that for the same money youll get a marshall avt 20 :S

marshall: see peavey.

i myself have a mesa boogie dual rectifyer with a 4x12 for gigging and a 2x12 for home use....best amp ive ever played :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i own a crate kx-15 for my practice amp, and my god, it sounds like total ****. So i am staying away from crate for the most part, and no stores carry crate either around here for some reason

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah the smaller amps do lick balls....but when you get to the 65 watt range they are pretty unmatched in the non valve range.

a GREAT small amp is the new Vox Valvetronix 15 watter, its got a lil valve in there that gives it a REAL kick..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the new Crate 1200 series head. It sounds like Jesus. But that's a bit big for a beginner. All small amps sound like ****. From the 212s up Crate is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom