Another Custom thingy... =x

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure if you can call it a bug, but I'm also not sure it's intentional.
It's kind of hard to explane but I'll try...

Basically, the original model will always effect the custom model through the QC file, it seems.
For example, if the original model has a loop command in it's QC file and the custom doesnt (in the same animation), it will have a loop anyways, cause the original model has it, basically it overlaps the custom's commands.

I was wondering if it's possible to have every custom to have it's own control on it self.

You can see examples if you download the Adult Gohan I released, notice how the idle animation is so damn fast? I tried to edit it's QC before (even to 1 fps) but it had absolutly no effect.
I'm guessing it's the original 1.3 Gohan that has the control over it, which is a problem if you got looping animations on Vegeta and you dont on Goku.

It also makes me think if attaching sounds to the customs through the QC file will work at all...
I'll try it out but as of now it seems like the main control comes only from the original model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i did this on my frieza wich wasactually for 1.2.3 and i tried to make one animation slower aswell in 1.2.3 but it didnt worked out. so im not sure if its bout the qc files only.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's definatly worth checking on the original model, I'm going to try it out and let you know.
Since 1.2.3 doesnt have custom models for selection we cant know for sure there, every replacement is responsible for itself.

It could also be a coding thing, but I dont know...Darktooth once said that coding has nothing to do with the fps of an animation, so it has to be the QC file.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's definatly worth checking on the original model, I'm going to try it out and let you know.
Since 1.2.3 doesnt have custom models for selection we cant know for sure there, every replacement is responsible for itself.

It could also be a coding thing, but I dont know...Darktooth once said that coding has nothing to do with the fps of an animation, so it has to be the QC file.
Last resort is to re-release the troubled models with tweaked animations which you could add more frames to to compensate.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly. Thats why I need to know if it's fixable through code at all.

If not I'll probably have to redo a few animations, which isnt so bad...but if I'll do that now and it will be fixed (code wise) later on, I'll have more work on my hands.

Mog

Best answers
This is kind of complicated... I had problems with this a few weeks ago, but I figured out quite a bit about it.
I will try and explain it but it's very confusing... and I don't think I can explain it very clearly.

The main thing you need to know
Player animations are highly dependent on "sequence numbers".
These sequence numbers come from the default model QC file.
Each $sequence in the default model QC file is given a number starting at 0, increasing +1 for each $sequence in the order they are listed in the file.

The problem is that these sequence numbers become what ESF associates with each animation of a character.

Example:
If goku's kamehameha charge sequence is the 50th sequence in the list inside the default model QC file, ESF will remember that the sequence number of kamehameha charge for Goku is 49.
Now when you make a custom Goku model and use it in ESF, if you charge up a kamehameha it will run $sequence 49, regardless of whether it is the right sequence for the animation or not.

What's more, the game also gets the loop and fps settings from the default model file.
If sequence #20 in the default model file has loop enabled and an fps value of '60', then sequence #20 on all custom models for that character will be the same too!
Loops and fps settings in the custom model QC file are completely ignored.

Events escape this problem, but still might not be called for the right model animation in-game, because the game opperates solely on sequence numbers, not the animation names.

So the sequence numbers come from the default model QC file, and for each $sequence it tells ESF the sequence number to associate to the animation for that character.
This means that any animation not used in the default model QC file will also not be useable by the custom model either (because that animation has no sequence number).
If the custom model has more sequences than the default model, then sequences with numbers higher than the default model will not be used at all.

So basically
-FPS and looping cannot be changed by the custom model QC file.
-You can't add extra sequences, or change the order of the sequences either.
-Sounds can still be added to the custom model QC file, because events work fine.

AND... If like me you wanted to add sound to a18's destructo disc move in a custom model QC file, you will NOT be able to.
This is because there is not a sequence (therefore no number) related to the move in the default a18 model QC file.

Sorry if that doesn't explain it too well... there was more I was going to say but I couldn't word properly, or I just forgot.
I also could be very wrong, but I doubt it... I spent a couple of hours trying to get round it, and I thoroughly tested loads of stuff. :smile:

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You explaned it perfectly, thats exactly what I figured out too.
I always adjusted the sequence order to fit the default model, so that never really was a problem, it's fixeable either way you look at it.

The loop and the fps on the other hand, is a curse...and thats where I'm seriously stuck because I have Gogeta as a custom for Vegeta and he's using Goku's skeleton, meaning his swoop animations should never loop, and Vegeta's swoop animations must loop, so Vegeta wins here once I get it ingame =[

So basically my question to the coders is this: Is it possible to have every custom model to control it's own fps and loops through the QC file?

Mog

Best answers
For the a18 model I ended up editing the default model QC file to make it give sequence numbers to the animations I wanted.

For the 8 extra animations I wanted to add (2 destructo disc & 6 dash_[direction]) I just added the 8 sequences to the end of the default model QC file, setting all of them to the necessary animation names, and using the look_idle SMD. :smile:

I'm sure fps and loop will be fixed in the code eventually, but I doubt there is anything we can do about it atm?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can reanimate a few animations to loop properly but it would be really useless and a waste of time if it will be fixed later on.

I hope it will be fixed from the code cause messing around with the animations for each custom can get very tricky...

Best answers
no your topic is diffrent then mine, that's not the same as mine, i can't select my custom model, the 4th custom model is only appeared in menu half a word and i can't see the 5th at all.. what can be the prob there?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom