Anonymous vs Scientology

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I Really don't have any problems with religion, but as far as scientology goes, where people are scammed out of their money, even if they are naive, they are still preyed upon by the caniving ass hats of scientology, which is why I found myself first supporting anon's cause. Not because I like them in the least, the mouthbreathers are scary, but for the fact that one day they can bring enough public attention to scientology's bull****, heh.

Anyways, I went to the protest in Dallas (we had one of the bigger turnouts nationwide, London still had the biggest turnout worldwide though) and it was great, really professional, no memes were screamed, good stuff.

March 15th, Hubbard's birthday another set of protests are going up. I was wondering if anyone planned on attending any of these protests if they were nearby you?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I vaguely recall somebody saying something about a rally last night, but I drank far too much and can't remember anything more than that. As far as it goes, as much as I think scientology is stupid, I think if these idiots are dumb enough to fall for such an obvious load of crap, they deserve to have their money sucked out of them. Stupid people piss me off far more than Scientology ever could.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if something like Scientology makes a person happy... who are we to judge them?

Now, the way they handle their followers as speculated... that makes them wrong.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when all this started with the raids on the Scientology websites. I honestly didn't think it would have come as far as it has. But damn, I hope something good comes out of the protests. Anonymous is slowly gaining media attention and I'm sure it won't be long until it's front page news.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I was on my local news holding a sign.

wearing my gas mask.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
it's only a brief shot, I'm in a big green jacket, let me find the news video and see if there's any online footage of the dallas protest

edit: You can barely see me at 26 seconds, I'm in a green coat and you see the side of me.

but hey I was still on the news.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g9lY6o5-t_0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lawl, that's awesome. Wish I could have been there :(.

I'm pretty sure that's him, he posted pics of his outfit on here before.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm so giddy. My media attention is the equivalent of a hick on COPS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would certainly attend to these raids if there were any scientology churches around Finland..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forgive my ignorance, but what were these protests about, actually? Just to express a general distaste and dislike for scientology?

I can relate, I think it's stupid, but what could protesting accomplish? What actions should be taken, and by whom?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forgive my ignorance, but what were these protests about, actually? Just to express a general distaste and dislike for scientology?

I can relate, I think it's stupid, but what could protesting accomplish? What actions should be taken, and by whom?
There's a long list of things that caused this uproar against Scientology. The least being the religion itself. It's how they deal with "naysayers" and treat their members that led to this.

You can find out a lot of information regarding Scientology at this site - http://xenu.net/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite frankly, I'm surprised that criticism and hatred of the "Church" are as limited as they are. It's a well known pyramid scheme that preys on easily manipulated people, ruins their lives and moves on. If someone criticizes them, they file a lawsuit. If someone reveals the insanity of their "doctrine," they're sued for infringing on their copyrighted "trade secrets."

Then you get crazy, ignorant celebrities insisting that psychiatry is fradulent, and full of people trying to kill innocents.

Hm.. where have I heard this before? Trusted experts are trying to poison, murder or deceive people...

Best answers
Oh yeah? We'll sue you! You can't call our religion a fake, we'll sue you. Well go one then sue me!
South Park does such a great job of kicking these people in teh nuts

/breaks out the old boot of teh nut kicking and polishes it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope they get banned over here. They are under observation by certain German institutions
because their goals and methods seem to work against our constitution.
They are in the news lately because they try to gain foothold in Germany.
A few days ago I saw a TV report where they showed how some scientology members were disguising auditings
as private lessons for students, which I think is pretty sick. In these private lessons they teach **** about school
and just try to get bad students to join scientology.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
There's another protest going march 15th (hubbards birthday).

If anyone's interested, head to ED and look up oroject chanology to see if any protests are near you.

That is, if you care :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom