Annoying warcraft III Error

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey. I'd post this at the official blizzard forums, but I can't because I require an account to post there. And I have no accounts on WCIII anymore.

Anyways. when I try to install this, I have a corrupted MPQ file. When I install it, it says this:

Code:
Setup cannot read a required data file. Your Warcraft III CD may not be in the CDROM drive. Please ensure that this disc is in the CDROM drive and press Retry. To cancel the operation, press Cancel.

D:/war3.mpq
Error 0x00000017: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
(FileUtil.cpp:816)
That's what it says. How do I fix this?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...I recall having a similar problem when I got WC3 a few years ago. I remember that I had to use my DVD Burner to install and run the game (instead of my CD-ROM drive). I believe Blizzard's official recommendation didn't work (it involved changing settings in the device manager pertaining to my CD-ROM drive). You may do well to try and email their Tech Support - I can't really remember more other than that they had recommended I change a few settings in the Device Manager =\

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Maj. Tried replieng to a Su[pport person. Waiting for a reply.
I hope I won't have to replace the cd, becuase I bought tge Battlechest for $50 and I don't want to spend $10 more. That's like buying a ps2/gamecyube/xbox game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amazingly, just for the record...I have just finished reformatting and Warcraft III works better than ever even without any true registry entries.

My point being if you could somehow get the install files off the cd and onto a computer or secondary drive, you could probably install it from there successfully.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried to install it on XP. My mom went to the store and exchanged the Battle Chest and got the original Warcraft III I think. So we'll have to see if it works with the other cd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom