AnitIlame

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VeGeTTo said:
i was thinking that deathbal shoud be kinda spirit bmb cuz he can destoy a whole planet so delay 20 !! fast charge full ki cost FULL !! of half !
Gallick Gun (sp?) can also destroy a planet. Vegeta did it in the Saiyan Saga, even before they went to Earth to find the Dragon Balls for Freeza. Vegeta and his team are sent to conquer/destroy a planet, and Vegeta nukes the planet from space with a Gallick Gun.

So, by that logic, Gallick Gun should have a 20 second delay too.

You can't look at this game's mechanics purely from the show's perspective, you have to keep balance in mind.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok but frieza-s ball is a BALL and firza does'nt hav a ultimate move !! LOL it;s this 1 ! but it ain't fully a ultimate move !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shadow said:
beamjump should be taken out of the game it was hardly ever used in the show....it's just ridiculous
It was used all the time...in Dragonball. Only twice in Z I think. The thing is it was meant to be a way of exiting an area fast (like getting away from an explosion), however two factors which aren't in ESF:

1. They didn't ride beams for more than a few seconds.
2. Big ki drain.

I actually think there should be a cool-down time for beamjumping as well, so you only use it in an emergency.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa whoa. Lets not go crazy with delays and crap. This is an action game, after all. When I said said add a delay to big beams after they have been fired, i didnt mean 20 seconds. Maybe 7 seconds, 11 at the most. Not everyone is good at melee, so we have to give them a chance too (unfortunately) =/.

Cool-down for beam jumping is a big no no. Since beamjumping isnt going to be affected by turbo anymore, I think theres no reason to mess it up any further.

Best answers
True, tho I think that they should be bursts like david once mentioned. So instead of a regular speed and ki drain (and practically unending length), it will be more of a boost with a specified amount of ki burn.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So...you beamjump and after 1 or 2 seconds it stops? If the beam jump can actually get you a fair distance away from whatever area you're leaving, then thats a pretty good idea.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beamjumping is fixed in 1.3. You no longer get a speed bonus with turbo on.

nge

Best answers
If by fixed you mean ruined, yeah. Now people will still charge up big beams, and escape due to a larger beam pushing them faster, but generic beams will still move you at the speed of heavy. Doesn't remove the spam aspect, and removes the 'escape factor' aspect.

What needs to happen is the removal of beam-jumping with big beams. Generic beam ought to be the only beam that can be jumped with. That would fix the spam problem with beam-hopping, but keep it as a valid way to escape a bad looking situation.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With all these delays, think of how the game pace will slow down (it's ment to be fast paced after all, correct me if i'm wrong?).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which is why we all wanted the tele delay removed in the first place. Adding a delay to the most destructive attacks in the game wont make them any less powerful, just less spammable. It keeps the pace of the game intact, and it keeps people from charging beams and spamming them over and over and over.

Melee > Beams

Best answers
yes...i have to agree with Zeonix on this one..except for one thing
Tacos>Mellee>Beams

Best answers
nge said:
What needs to happen is the removal of beam-jumping with big beams. Generic beam ought to be the only beam that can be jumped with. That would fix the spam problem with beam-hopping, but keep it as a valid way to escape a bad looking situation.
I agree with you there, just as it is impossible to BJ with a FF, it should be impossibly to bj with any other big beam. Exceptions would be burning attack and masenko since they come nowhere near the definition of a big beam. Even tho it's not a huge problem, it can get annoying when it's spammed (which kinda goes for anything..).

Another thing I kinda hate is krillin's scatterbeam, I can't remember how many times someone in a public just spams this attack and beamjumps away as soon as you get near him. Even when they can't get away, not alot of things are more annoying than being a fight and getting some random beam up your *place-where-the-sun-dont-shine*.

I guess you could edit the scatter beam that is only homes in a certain radius, meaning that after something like 100meters, it will just go straight forward. That way you can't just fire it into the map and hope people get hit by it.

Just my thoughts ><,

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If stamina is implemented, and if it is implemented anything like I designed it (Can't say as I am not a tester presently), there are going to be more 'delays' filtered into the game, but they shouldn't slow anything down. Some delays just alter gameplay. For example, having a stamina bar that allows you to optionally do something special at the cost of temporary exhaustion. You don't have to use it, but it's there if you want it, and you pay the price for missing somebody with it.

The tele delay was not a bad idea it just wasn't worked out very well, and the idea is improved in 1.3 in that it isn't an ever-present delay, it builds up, so as to still discourage tele scripts (some of them anyway). A delay on the repeat of major attacks like the kame wouldn't be bad, but it might not fix the problem either. Generally it only takes one beam to destroy a quarter of the map when somebody wants to use it that way, and if they're good with them, you're dead and respawning while his delay is disappearing. If you make the delay too long you have to compensate by making the attack have a stronger effect as otherwise if you miss you are forced into melee, and although melee is far more popular, we like the idea that you can do something else if you can't deal with the speeds or have latency issues.

Anyway, like I said, things are going on in 1.3 that should theoretically handle all the issues put forth so far. Only time will tell for certain.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
very cool boyster but i shoud think (inverse) that a DELAY :))))) for the scatterbeam to be implemented!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Boyster is always the bearer of good news. Thanks for responding.

Scatterbeam is kinda annoying, but it really hasnt been a problem for a while now. Seems like the newcommers got tired of staying in one spot while shooting that horrid attack.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yeahz zeonix haz a point even newboys(newbs,noobs) get bored of lame S word

nge

Best answers
(Offtopic) I love to scatter spam when Zeo's in the server.

(Ontopic) I hope the stamina system works out like intended.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
u mean each beam takes some stamin , i'd go for each beam that (wave) that requires MOVEMENT ( burning , kmhh ) to take stamina according to da movment of course to move u're hands in the kmhmh pozition takes some stamina !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well to be honest, beam jumping was used in the show to attack with a stronger melee attack from it's propulsion; if beamjump is in the game, it should be utilised in the same way it was in the show; people should take damage from being beamjumped into if someone beamjumps and happens to fly into someone, it should cause a simple melee hit, but stronger than the average simple melee hit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
well to be honest, beam jumping was used in the show to attack with a stronger melee attack from it's propulsion; if beamjump is in the game, it should be utilised in the same way it was in the show; people should take damage from being beamjumped into if someone beamjumps and happens to fly into someone, it should cause a simple melee hit, but stronger than the average simple melee hit
I believe this was suggested once before, but turned down because the chance of you firing a beam at the exact right angle in order to hit an enemy that is most likely flying around at high speeds, is slim at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom