Anime with best sword-fighting

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking along the lines of "If someone is fighting with a sword, it can be considered a sword fight" but I was obviously wrong.

Anyway, I remember when they first showed the Trunks episodes over here I was amazed at how awesome he was. Sure, his sword didn't do much to Goku's finger, but he was wielding it so gracefully. That, and he killed Frieza in 10 seconds with his sword while it took Goku 600 episodes (5 minutes) to kill him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
I'm looking for an anime, where the characters fight with their swords. Not some weird, teleport, hit, teleport, hit, special attack, teleport, kill, but with actual swings, parries and dodges.
Zeonix said:
I was thinking along the lines of "If someone is fighting with a sword, it can be considered a sword fight" but I was obviously wrong.
Sword fighting would be two swords, not one sword, a small montage of blue 'slashes' on a black background and then a shot of Trunks sheathing his sword.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He swung quite a bit. Goku parried with his finger.

I did say I was obviously wrong, but w/e.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Is it jut me or is this topic turning into a definition fight? bapplebo asked for anime sword fights. If Zeonix think dragonbqallz is a sword fight then it doesnt matter its called "ignoring" its not like Bapplebo doesnt know about dragonball Z. He can just go to other animes.

BUT ANYWAYS

I think Yu Yu Hakasho is good. Not real swords but there is plenty of blade fighting in there.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Samurai Champloo had some pretty decent swordfights.

Best answers
never heard about it. even if this manga never show on the tv than this manga would be worstless. I rather watch dbz or JLU justice league unlimit.

or maybe scryed....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scryed doesn't have sword fighting. And if it does, at least not nearly as much as what you have in, say, Berserk. I think there's only one guy in Scryed who uses a sword-like weapon, but only then he uses it like 10% of the time.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Scryed doesn't have sword fighting. And if it does, at least not nearly as much as what you have in, say, Berserk. I think there's only one guy in Scryed who uses a sword-like weapon, but only then he uses it like 10% of the time.
u mean Asuka Tagibana?

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Bleach
same, was looking through the entire post and only one person said it but if your using it to animate then I'd say Samurai Champloo too, the fights were quite good, I liked it but I perfer more fantasy, as in bleach type style so to each there own

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i said, go for berserk. or even watch the fight scenes on advent children if your serious about using it for animation.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
like i said, go for berserk. or even watch the fight scenes on advent children if your serious about using it for animation.
Yeah, listen to lee, Berserk has insane sword fights D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see what the big deal is about Berserk's swordfights. I personally wouldn't recommend it if that's all you're after. I mean most of it is just Guts swinging around his massive zweihander thing and killing people effortlessly, or random battle scenes of Corkus or w/e just going *parry* *stab* *dead*. All of his difficult battles are just kind of... well, not that incredible? Champloo definitely trumps it. Heck, Bleach has better fights too imo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive yet to see a real fight that lasts that long tbfh. olympic fencing matches are over in seconds. it just takes one good strike to win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that's true, but Guts also kills 100 people over the course of like 8 hours, which kind of tips the realism scale over a bit as well. I just figured he wanted anime swordfighting without lots of ridiculous extraneous stuff like magic, super speed, etc. etc. Champloo has really well-animated fights along that more "real" kind of vein, and IMO more entertaining than the ones in Berserk because the fights are longer and far better animated.

The Rurouni Kenshin OVA prequel series is also really good. Absolutely nothing like the Kenshin series. Although it's mostly Kenshin slaughtering people, there are still some really sick moves done and a nice duel or two at the end.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well I can't really agree to BERSERK having good sword fights... it's usually just Guts swinging his sword and cutting down people, that's not a real sword fight, it's carnage :p

Best answers
For me the best are Samurai Champloo & bleach :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished Samurai Champloo not too long ago and all I gotta say is...

Dayum.

Go for Samurai champloo. It has some of the best anime fighting (with swords), only 26 episodes, and one of the best anime endings i've ever seen. Samurai champloo = the pwnage :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No love for Samurai Jack? The fights were always semi-intentionally hillarious and there was plenty of swordery and parrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom