Anime with best sword-fighting

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking for an anime, where the characters fight with their swords. Not some weird, teleport, hit, teleport, hit, special attack, teleport, kill, but with actual swings, parries and dodges.

It's probably impossible to find an anime like this though, as its too much work to animate real sword fights, but, hey, doesn't hurt to ask?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm off the top of my head? rurouni kenshin, samurai champloo, samurai deeper kyo, basilisk (more about bloody special ability ninja anime), ninja scroll,

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Berserk.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watched half of Samurai Champloo episode 1. My opinion?

/me gets.

Really awesome, I just love it now! The style, the attitude, the characters, all awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Berserk
Ninja Scroll
Rurouni Kenshin

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Samurai champloo > everything... really, if you want beautiful art/art direction, great stories, great fights and great characters (nobody is better than Mugen.) there's no other anime as good as Champloo.

nge

Best answers
Samurai Champloo starts off great!

And then the episodes start to slide, a lot. They get good again at the last 3, but past the beggining few it's kinda boring.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jubei-chan has some excellent sword fights. With "actual swings, parries, dodges." Like the game 'Bushido Blade.'

Best answers
yea i'd say champloo as well...that show was so awsome...and the art...it actually looked like they painted every scene

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragonball Z

Best answers
imkongkong said:
hmm off the top of my head? rurouni kenshin, samurai champloo, samurai deeper kyo, basilisk (more about bloody special ability ninja anime), ninja scroll,
Samurai Deeper Kyo isn't like real swordfighting... they all have magical-ish powers.

Best answers
Okay looks bro, your best bet would be

1.) Berserk (could be equally or even better than Samurai Champloo)
2.) Samurai Champloo (I mean really, I love this anime just as much, but I can watch berserk over and over and still say O M F G........ did he just chop that dude AND his horse in half ?)

Trust me, watch Berserk first. Champloo can come second.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf? Trunks didn't use a sword on 20 henchman and then on Frieza?

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sword fight consists of 2 people fighting with swords and he specifically mentioned dodging and parrying if you have a problem with my decision pm me or an admin and we'll take it up back on topic.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what. Forget it. Screw this forum.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Samurai Champloo IMO.....

[EDIT]

And stop being a douche ...I dont think giving a suggestion is grounds for a warning, it wasn't even offensive...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
[EDIT]

And stop being a douche ...I dont think giving a suggestion is grounds for a warning, it wasn't even offensive...

Take that kind of discussion to PM's, if you feel the need to continue.

...and consider this a friendly reminder to the fact that calling someone a "douche" is disrespectful >_o

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well not Anime but Manga

Blade of the Immortal and Vagabond, awesome sword fights, you should especially check out Vagabond which is a fictionalized biography of the legendary Sword Saint Miyamoto Musashi who is believed to have been one of the most skilled swordsmen in the history of the world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was a nasty thing to do.... about the Dragon Ball Z thing. In any case, I loved the sword fighting in Dragon Ball Z. Trunks also used his sword in the films, like 'Super Android 13!' & 'Bojack Unbound.' But there was also some sword fighting in movies 12 & 13, 'Fusion Reborn' & 'Tapion: DragonFist Assault.' I'm just laughing at the amount of the hypocrites around here these days... and it's funny, because most of them actually have some form of authority...

Just an FYI, sword-fighting can mean anything, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with two people fighting with swords, at least not in this thread. That's just absurd.

I can't think of any other animes with sword fighting that I liked, and I don't really care for the Ninja/Samurai look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom