Anime : Utawaremono

Best answers
Anyone else watching this? I'm in total love with this show. Its something different (which for me is a good thing) and it seems more story driven than most animes.

Here's some info.......

* Based on a game by LEAF/Aqua PLUS

Plot Summary: Hakuoro has lost his memory after succumbing to serious injuries; but thanks to a elderly woman and her granddaughter Eruruu, he is nursed back to health. His face is covered by a strange irremovable mask and he occasionally sees beastly visions. Eruruu now cares for him as he becomes accustomed to the village and its inhabitants who all bear strange ears (the women have tails too). Though these people venerate the forces of nature, desecration of an alter forces them to take drastic measures to preserve their lives from the wrath of Mutikapa-sama, guardian of the forest.
Screen shots from episode 1 and a review

couple of pics...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds interesting, and the animated shot looks cute. I'll give it a try. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen the first two episodes, but I'm not really impressed. IMO its not that its bad, it just seems like its typical of most fantasy anime. Typical plotline, location, and characters, presented well mind you, but still fairly predicatable.

Keep in mind though I just finished watching all of Tsubasa Chronicles and Mai Otome which were excellent, so I'm kinda of comparing anything else I watch against those two anime ^^

Best answers
Yeah eps 1 & 2 start slow, but 3 & 4 pick up the pace and story.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it have loads of blood ?

🍂 Regular
Best answers
>_>

The Furry fans are gonna have a ball with this anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks way too furry/cutesy for my liking, though the swords and blood make it look...ok...I guess.

Best answers
Thats my question too Cold Steel, lol.

Can tell we are hardcore berserk fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just quickly saw something about this when I was looking at new anime that was starting a few weeks ago. It seems to have stuck in my mind, and i've heard it's left some decent impressions with people. So since I don't have much else too watch, I guess i'll give this one a shot.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does look really kawaii to me >_<

But blood? in such a cute looking anime? oh well... Elfen Lied look cuted yet was as bloody if more then berserk :p

🍂 Regular
Best answers
The amount of gore in Elfen Lied was unnecessary, and actually ruined the show in my opinion, I don't mind gore... but it has to be necessary, and it was hardly ever necessary for Elfen Lied to have that much gore.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DPredator said:
The amount of gore in Elfen Lied was unnecessary, and actually ruined the show in my opinion, I don't mind gore... but it has to be necessary, and it was hardly ever necessary for Elfen Lied to have that much gore.
Her killing wasnt necessary either was it?
Anyways this is getting offtopic,
can someone (who has seen atleast one episode) post some opinions on the anime?
Is it really worth getting?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The anime is well...........so-so. I've watched the first 04 episodes, and to be honest, not much has happened. The whole deal with the main character and not being able to take his mask off is interesting, and it does compell you to watch the show, but it seems to be taking its sweet time in even starting to explain it.

The animation is good, and the character designs aren't bad either (mmm, furrys!). Overall, it seems to be your average Fantasy type show. Although, it does seem to have potential, and I'm thinking it might just have a slow start and end up getting better.

So my final verdict? It isn't a must-see show by any means. It isn't necessarily bad, but there are other new series that deserve your time more than this does (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya immediately comes to mind). Though, if your just looking for another show to watch, but can't find any, then this would be a nice placeholder. Or if you like furry animal girls, then I guess it's a must. :pI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom