Anime : The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu)

Best answers
Another series I'm loving. Its pure comedy set in high school. And this is not your normal high school comedy/drama.

Based on Nagaru Tanigawa`s "Suzumiya Haruhi" series of novels.

A far from ordinary school story starts here!

This is a story of Suzumiya Haruhi, who upon enrollment at school announced "I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, beings from the future, or super-humans, come see me. That is all!"

Naturally, any normal person would think "What the...?", but Haruhi is dead serious. Things get crazy when everyone realizes just how serious she is about it all and establishes the "SOS Dan".

Suzumiya Haruhi is a good-looking high school girl who has a clear head, haughty personality and very egocentric thought. She has an unimaginably tremendous power to change the world, but she is totally unaware of her own power and so she is also unaware of the effect of her power on the outside world.

A delightfully strange, yet marvelously interesting story!

Here's a Wiki with more info on this series.

Be warnned, episode 1 will make you go "WTF?" The episodes of the anime have a bit of an odd numbering system, and many of the episodes seem to be aired in an anachronic order. The earliest example of this is the fact that episode two is generally considered the real episode one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmm, never heard of it before, I seemed to have missed a lot of the new animes that have started recently for some reason. Anyways, crazy nonsense humor is always something I like, so I guess i'll have to give this a try.

What is the point of the weird episode order anyways? All I can see is it confusing people, with no actual purpose. Oh well, guess i'll just have to deal with it.

Best answers
I myself am not to sure of the weird order, but it does add part of the crazyness to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm actually enjoying the series very much ^^ but yea you'd have to watch the first 3 or 4 episodes to actually grasp what's happening

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh man, just finished watching episode 05. I had no idea what to expect when I started watching this, and it just blew me away. This really is a great show. It's very funny, and just fun to watch. The one thing that totally caught me off guard was the quality of the characters. They are all really unique and interesting, and the plot really hooks you in.

All in all, this is easily my fav anime out of all the recent ones that have started, and well on it's way to being one of my favourite shows. I advise everyone to go check it out. Though be warned, the first episode is totally insane and more or less, just a huge waste of time (but in a good way!). Also, due to the general insanity of the plot, you should try to stick with it for at least 3 or 4 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom