Anime drought, help me out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IM A POET AND I DONT EVEN KNOW IT

anywhoo, i need some anime to watch, preferably old anime, ones from before 2002, or ones that were very good. Im looking for purely action anime, anime such as Cowboy Bebop, Last Exile, Samurai Champloo, and Samurai 7
I want as little humour as possible, because it distracts me from the serious side of the storyline and usually makes me stop watching it (ie dont recommend things like Bleach) no anime like Mahou Sensei Negima and Mai HiME and Full Metal Panic, just with as little humour as possible e.g., Hellsing. Too many weak anime atm, or anime which starts off serious or interesting, then they try to make it funny or less serious, and it ruins the effect of the desperation people would normally have when trying to save someone *cough* Bleach/Naruto/DBZ/Full Metal Panic *cough*
stuff like Onizuka i wouldnt mind either :O, as long as it is actually good and not a storyline that is all over the place like Grenadier or Gundam Seed Destiny....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gunbuster: Aim For The Top
DieBuster: Aim For The Top 2
Giant Robo
The Big O
Noir
The Soultaker
Generator Gawl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you have watched the first Full Metal Panic, I suggest you check out the new season FMP: The Second Raid. I've really enjoyed it, the animation is top-notch, and while I did like FMP: Fumoffu, the show is much better when it concentrates on the more serious side of things. Just off the top of my head, I think there was only one episode (the 2nd or 3rd or something) that was kind of a comic relief (and i'm pretty sure it was only half the episode). And I know that it should be continuing to focus on the serious side of the show as long as it doesn't just randomly deviate from the novels for no reason.

I really suggest you give it a try, even if you didn't like the first season too much, it's very enjoyable, with sweet fights, and very good animation. It doesn't stray too far off into the comedic side of things, and the storyline is pretty good, it really fleshes out Souske's character. And if this season continues into 24 episodes or so, it should be able to cover the next novel as well, and the story only gets better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks guys, i appreciate it :D i'll save my downloaded TSR episodes for a rainy day ;p
waiting to watch some of the anime movies i saw in AMV Hell 1/2, especially Knockin' On Heaven's Door which i still havent watched, and Grave of the Fireflies

Best answers
If you haven't all ready seen:

Armitage III
Bastard
Berserk
Blue Submarine No. 6
Elfen Lied
Earth Girl Arjuna
Iria: Zeiram the Animation
Jin-Roh
Key the Metal Idol
LastEXILE
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Now and Then, Here and There
Outlaw Star
Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue
Read or Die
Record of Lotus Wars
Reign the Conqueror
Saiyuki
Samurai X: OVA
Shadow Skill
Shamanic Princess
Vision of Escaflowne
Wolf's Rain

Those are all the ones that i can think of right now that have a fair to good amount of action in them.

Best answers
A good one is Gunslinger Girl (you'll have to buy it, only 3 dvd's).

Very good anime, decent action and a deep plot.

Best answers
ness Ghost in the Shell the stand alone complex is good it also has bad ass music from yoko kano, also try Martian Successor Nadesico

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
seen nadesico was a good anime, still need to see the GITS stuff except the original GITS, and The Cheese, Shadow Skill is one of my favourite animes :p thats why its in my avatar
if i could find Berserk to watch rather than read, i would, but i cant :( also ice started watching Hunter X Hunter, good anime so far and im only 2 episodes in :p
im trying to get Wolf's Rain from Blitz-Anime, downloading all the episodes, then im gonna watch it. I still need to watch NGE, when i watched it, i watched bits and pieces

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New animes

Today I watched two new animes
one called Blood and the other called black cat
both seemed fairly intresting and I know you'll like both ness ;)

[edit]

also mai hime season two started
and I don;t like it so far ;) ( just so you know )

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're looking for serious, "non-humor" anime.. you could check out:

Series: Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Last EXILE, Hellsing, Trinity Blood, Hikaru no Go

One-shot movies: Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Vampire Hunter D, Grave of the Fireflies

There's also a lot of good anime with some humor, but mostly action/serious:

Hunter x Hunter(slight), Trigun(moderate comedy), Full Metal Alchemist(also moderate.)

Happy viewing.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
If you're looking for serious, "non-humor" anime.. you could check out:

Series: Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Last EXILE, Hellsing, Trinity Blood, Hikaru no Go

One-shot movies: Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Vampire Hunter D, Grave of the Fireflies

There's also a lot of good anime with some humor, but mostly action/serious:

Hunter x Hunter(slight), Trigun(moderate comedy), Full Metal Alchemist(also moderate.)

Happy viewing.
Watched 7 episodes of trinity blood, tho I liked it
it seemed to be the same story over and over again
it bored me, I don't know how far they are now but does the story get better?

🍂 Regular
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Vampire Hunter D has got 2 movies therefore it's not a one-shot.

Vampire Hunter D also got a whole bunch of novels, currently 3 are translated by Dark Horse.

As for the topic, I'd definately recommend Berserk, especially it's manga counter part. It's a really epic manga packed with action.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prozac said:
Watched 7 episodes of trinity blood, tho I liked it
it seemed to be the same story over and over again
it bored me, I don't know how far they are now but does the story get better?
Started watching it myself. I like it a lot. Probably because lately i'm really into the vampire thing.

I've seen some images, and from the looks of it, I think the story will get a lot better. I'm at episode 07 as well .

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DPredator said:
Vampire Hunter D has got 2 movies therefore it's not a one-shot.

Vampire Hunter D also got a whole bunch of novels, currently 3 are translated by Dark Horse.

As for the topic, I'd definately recommend Berserk, especially it's manga counter part. It's a really epic manga packed with action.
I'm using "one shot" to refer that it is different from a TV series. As in, you watch it and it's done. Bloodlust is a different story, not a continuation.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ness said:
Stuff about not liking humour
Humour puts you off the storyline????????? O_O
I can't understand how that can happen???

Anyway

Beserk
Bubblegum Crisis 2040
AD Police
Evangelion
Vandred
Nadesico
Street Fighter
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Ghost in the shell
Ninja Resurrection
Samurai X - ova

Also

Rahxephon

That's all I can think of from the top of my head right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, i'm watching nausicaa of the wind valley atm, i finally got my hands on Rurouni Kenshin, and i watched BGCT2040 years ago :p finding Berserk in stores is hard, ive tried looking for the manga on the internet but chapters/volumes 1-4 cant be found anywhere :/ i stopped watching Trinity Blood at episode 10, although im still downloading the episodes as they come out in case of any internet shortage or rainy/no money to go out days

humour doesnt ALWAYS put me off, it just annoys me when there is a serious moment, and something stupid happens which makes someone start arguing with another ally which is meant to be humourous but wouldnt be so humourous or funny if it happened in the real world... i just need serious stuff like nausicaa, bgct 2040, NGE and Bakuretsu Tenshi, that only has humour outside of battle rather then humour during a life threatening fight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom