Best answers
Sorry to bother ya with my silly question but i want to know how to animate models for the hl-engine. i searched everywhere but i didn't find a complete tut so if ya could post one or a link i would be very thankfully :fight: :rolleyes:

Best answers
i made a video tutorial on animating a simple run a while ago, ill try to find it for ya

Best answers
thank ya but do you also know how to isert the anims into hl and whats a reference and a sequence anim ?

O_O
i don't do so :cry:

Best answers
yeah, a reference smd is the base model without any animations.

each sequence smd is a animation.

after you make them all, you have to make a qc file, and you need to search for a tut on that

Best answers
if u have milkshape do this:

tools>half-life>decompile normal HL model

choose an MDL file (all models for all mods are in moddir/models)

ok .. go to the folder of that model. ou will see a whole load of smd files!! one of them got the mesh (the model itself) with the bones! the rest have the animations! every animation is put in a file! try to open them in milkshape. go:

file>import>halflife smd

if u want the the file that contains the model it self i think it
s name should be just the name of the model (i.e. for goku it's goku.smd)

ok .. you will see some "bones" these are the blue balls and lines (i am talking about milkshape here) when you animate you basicaly animate the bones and the model will animate with it!

this is just a basic thing ..

ok .. lets' say you made an animation now!! now go to:

file>export>half life smd

that wil export the animation!!

if you just want to replace a sequence then just recompile these smds (with the bmps and the qc file) and ur done!
to do that go:

tools>half-life>compile a qc file

choose the qc file in the directory of that model!

DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP THE ORIGINAL FILES!!!

if you are making another animation you need to edit the qc file and add it in there. but you prolly won't need that unless ur making your own mod!!!!!

hope that helps! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom