Best answers
hey how do you go about modifing the .mdl animations, like what programs are used, etc.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Are you an Animator ??? or are you just starting to learn ???

Best answers
I think he's learning or he wouldn't be asking, now would he?
PM some one that knows how to animate.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
That's the problem... I don't know anyone who's Animator... could you help me find someone ?

Greetz,

Snake-D

P.s: I can never tell who's doing what ??? So it's kinda confusing I think... So help me out if you can !

Best answers
milkshapes not THAT good for animating get 3d studio
NOW THATS WHAT YOU WANT 3d studio is the best animating and rendering package you can get
but it costs a fair bit.

Best answers
Also did you make that model on milkshape I think you should download gmax it's a cut down version of 3d studio and you can convert it to .mdl by using deepexploration you can build the model over a drawing aswell

Best answers
u can use milkshape3d to animate

Rajikk.. do not double/triple post..
use the edit button

Best answers
You can use milkshape, but there are also other more exspensive program that give a better result and a more smoother movement.

Best answers
One word: Gmax. It's the free version of 3D Studio Max. Unfortunately, you can't compile models, so you need to get someone else to do it, or use Milkshape 3D, or find a script that can do it.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean free one illegal one? Or is it a trialthing?

Best answers
No! No, no, no, no! It's free, and you can keep it forever. It just doesn't have ALL the features that 3D Studio Max has. You can still create and save models, and animate them. You just can't compile them into a half-life ".mdl" format. You need another program to do that. Just look for Gmax on the website where you find 3D Studio Max.

Best answers
I just triple posted because I want to have my own avatar
and does anyone know why I can't use gmax It keeps saying I have to register it and when I do it says that there was an error in the registration

Best answers
It's free

The regestration is free
go to the link they tell you and register
Then they'll send you your password to your E-mail and that's all (and vote for them to add half-life game pack so we'll be able in the future to compile models for HL in Gmax!!!

Best answers
for now you can use deepexploration to compile gmax models into half-life .mdl's

Best answers
yes, i am an animator. just starting, but i know the basics. i have 3dsmax also cuz my dad bought for his buisness. why is someone looking for an animator? email me if ud like me to give a whack at somethin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom